HR, learning & organisation studies
Explore our HR, learning & organisation studies journals, books & case studies
Welcome to our home for HR, learning & organisation studies research. This page is designed to help authors find a home for their work and to help librarians identify suitable eJournal and eBook collections for their researchers.
Our research covers all aspects of HR, learning & organisation studies such as human resources, corporate communications, CSR, employee benefits, learning and development, organisational behaviour, performance management, talent management, workplace diversity, and more.
- For authors
- For librarians
- What our community thinks about us
- Responsible management gateway
- Contact us
This subject area is aligned with Responsible management, one of four interdisciplinary goals, each of which is aligned to multiple SDGs so we can ensure that the research we publish can fully play its part in solving significant global challenges.
If you want to find out more about we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals, take a look at our Goals page.
- Career Development International
- Development and Learning in Organizations
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal
- European Journal of Training and Development
- Evidence-based HRM: a Global Forum for Empirical Scholarshipp
- Human Resource Management International Digest
- Industrial and Commercial Training
- International Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior
- International Journal of Organizational Analysis
- International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management
- Journal of Management Development
- Journal of Global Mobility: The Home of Expatriate Management Research
- Journal of Management Development
- Journal of Managerial Psychology
- Journal of Organizational Change Management
- Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance
- Journal of Organizational Ethnography
- Journal of Workplace Learning
- Leadership & Organization Development Journal
- Personnel Review
- Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal
- Strategic HR Review
- Team Performance Management: An International Journal
EDI, Policy and Politics
We are seeking short-form Emerald Points proposals that investigate, examine and challenge Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) topics in the social sciences and policy and politics. DEI topics are becoming increasingly prevalent in all aspects of the social sciences, as well as policy and politics.
Intersectional by nature, DEI issues and research areas continue to grow, expand and shed light on various inequalities that have been ingrained in society. Topics include gender, class, health, disability, and race to name a few.
If you are interested in submitting a book proposal please contact Iram Satti
In partnership with several organisations from around the world, we offer a range of case writing competitions.
- Career development
- Corporate communication
- Corporate social responsibility
- Cross cultural employment
- Emotion in organisations
- Employee benefits
- Gender and organisations
- Learning and development
- Organisational behaviour
- Performance management
- Personal branding
- Remote working
- Talent management
- Team management
- The future of work
- The impact of Brexit on the labour force
- Work engagement
- Work/life balance
- Workforce demographics
- Workplace bullying
- Workplace diversity
If you're a librarian, here's where you'll find details of how to access our eJournal and eBook collections on Emerald Insight.
Access our eJournal & eBook collections on Emerald Insight
Journal and book content on Emerald Insight can be accessed through a range of flexible subscription and purchase options. Match content collections to user needs by choosing from comprehensive subject collections or flexible ‘select’ models.
HR, Learning & Organisational Studies eJournal Collection
A 2023 subscription includes access to 25 journals. In 2021, this collection had 4.3 million downloads.
What our community thinks about us
As a business that is built on connecting people through knowledge, we understand how reassuring it is to hear about the experiences of our peers. Find out what our Emerald customers and stakeholders have to say about their experience with Emerald, and share your own experience on our testimonial page.
Responsible management gateway
This gateway sits on our open access platform, Emerald Open Research. All research published within the gateway is freely available to read, download and share.
The gateway aims to champion thought leadership by being both a critic and supporter of responsible management research, knowledge exchange and education.
Publish your article or book with us
If you want to publish an article in any of the journals listed on this page, you can find all the information you need – and submit your paper – on each journal's homepage.
If you're interested in authoring a book in this subject area, please visit our Get ready to publish a book page where you'll find contact details for individual publishers.
If you want to speak to one of the team about publishing your work, please fill in this form and one of the team will get back to you.