IJOTB focuses on the presentation, development, discussion, and analysis of theory and behavior in organizations across all industries and sectors, and from around the world.
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior (IJOTB) publishes research on micro, meso, and macro organizational dynamics. It places its focus on both empirical and theoretical contributions, as far as they develop, create, and/or improve our knowledge and understanding of human behavior in organizations. The journal is open to studies of any industry and it covers all private, public and not-for-profit organizations. IJOTB aims at improving scientific knowledge on organizational behaviors across cultures and nation states, hence welcomes submissions that actively address an international dimension.
We accept submissions in the following formats: Research Paper, Literature Review, Case Study, and Short Note on Methods.
No particular emphasis is set forth on a specific level of analysis, nor on methods. IJOTB encourages submissions that have either a qualitative, quantitative, simulation modeling component, or any mix of the three. Independent of the method authors wish to develop, the journal seeks rigorous, detailed, thorough, and effective fit-for-purpose methods.
This journal is open to any methodological perspective and especially to studies that bridge methods between qualitative, quantitative and simulation research. The generous upper bound limit for our articles allows for multiple-methods research to be published.
IJOTB encourages paper submissions with a computational social simulation component. In particular, the journal aims at opening up the field to agent-based computational simulation of organizational behavior.
In line with what written above, not only IJOTB is a multi-disciplinary journal, but it aims at becoming the point of reference for research across disciplines in organizational research. Being multi-disciplinary is a claim that most journals make. With its eclectic editorial advisory board and reviewers spread across management, sociology, economics, engineering, psychology, linguistics, and philosophy, IJOTB is one of the few journals that is capable of offering a truly qualified multi-disciplinary review process.
Publication areas and topics
Topic areas include, but are not limited to traditional perspectives on theory and on the study of behavior in organization, such as, for example, culture, decision making, goal setting, identity, job satisfaction, justice, leadership, learning, motivation, performance, personality, power, trust.
We also encourage submissions of papers and Special Issues on the following:
• altruism, extra-role/organizational citizenship, cooperation and other aspects of prosocial behaviors;
• aspects of Human Resource Management (HRM) that directly affect behavior in organizations;
• biases, heuristics, and other features of bounded rationality;
• change, plasticity, agility, and other dynamic aspects of organizational life;
• cognition in organizations, with particular emphasis on embodied, enacted, embedded, ecological, and extended aspects of the distributed/systemic paradigm;
• Individual and group effects of corporate social responsibility and sustainable management;
• negative, damaging, controversial, abusive, and counterproductive behaviors;
• technical/soft/hard skills, competencies, qualifications, and other aspects of task performance and problem solving;
• the effect of organizational policies such as equality and diversity on positive/negative organizational behavior.
University of Southern Denmark - Denmark
- Associate Professor Davide Secchi
University of Huddersfield - UK
University of Sheffield - UK
- Dr Dinuka B. Herath
Emerald Publishing - UK
- Emma Ferguson
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Prashant Bangera
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Sivakeerthika Saravanan
Editorial Advisory Board
Sapienza University of Rome - Systems Dynamics Italian Chapter - Italy
Tallinn University - Estonia
Manchester Metropolitan University - UK
University of Bologna - Italy
University of Huddersfield - UK
LUISS Guido Carli University - Italy
University of Southern Queensland - Australia
University of Nebraska at Omaha - USA
University of La Verne - USA
University of Hull - UK
Hamburg University of Technology - Germany
Western Michigan University - USA
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano - Italy
Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz - Germany
Tilburg University - The Netherlands
University of Louisiana at Lafayette - USA
University of Newcastle - Australia
Nottingham Trent University - UK
Tsinghua University - People's Republic of China
University of Wisconsin, La Crosse - USA
University of Insubria - Italy
Middle Tennessee State University - USA
Free University of Brussels - Belgium
University of Haifa - Israel
Harper Adams University - UK
Bournemouth University - UK
Jackson State University - USA
- Dr. Stefano Armenia
International Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior is ranked in:
- Quality Journal List, AIDEA (Italy),
- NDS (Norway),
- BFI List (Denmark),
- Scimago Journal & Country Rank,
- ERA Journal List (Australia)
- Academic Journal Guide 2021 (Chartered Association of Business Schools, UK)
- ANVUR journal list (Italy)
This journal is indexed and abstracted by:
- SocINDEX (EBSCO host),
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO host),
- Social Science Premium Collection (ProQuest),
- Cabells Directory of Publishing Opportunities
CiteScore Tracker 2022