Find out about obtaining permission to reuse or republish our content.
Reuse a journal, chapter or case study
Our online permissions clearance service is delivered through the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink®. This service provides a highly efficient, real time service to clear permission for the reuse, distribution or republication of our copyrighted materials.
The quick way to clear permissions
It is your responsibility to check that the material you want to use is owned by us. If you want to reuse a figure or table, you must check there are no copyright lines which indicate otherwise.
- Locate the abstract of the content you wish to reuse on Emerald Insight
- Click on the ‘Reprints and Permissions’ link
- Select the rights required (following the online instructions)
- Receive an immediate, no-obligation quote by clicking "quick price"
- If you wish to proceed, click "continue" (you will be asked to set up a RightsLink® account to pay online)
- Read and accept our terms and conditions to receive immediate permission.
If we do not hold the copyright of an article, the link will not appear and you will not be able to clear permission through RightsLink®. For permission to reuse this content, you will need to contact the copyright holder directly.
Reuse content from a book
You can make your request through the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink® or the Publishers’ Licensing Service's platform, PLSClear.
Publishing an article with another STM publisher
We are a member of the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM) permissions guidelines agreement. If you are publishing with a publisher on the STM permissions guidelines list and wish to reuse our content, you do not need to clear permission, providing that it falls within the guidelines.
If you have any questions about the permissions process, or if you are unable to find the title or type of use you need, please don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated Rights team.