Health & social care
Explore our health & social care journals & books
Welcome to our home for health & social care research. This page is designed to help authors find a home for their work and to help librarians identify suitable eJournal and eBook collections for their researchers.
Our research covers all aspects of health & social care such as the health and social impacts of COVID-19, human rights, mental health, policy and practice in healthcare management, and more.
This subject area is aligned with Healthier lives, one of four interdisciplinary goals, each of which is aligned to multiple SDGs so we can ensure that the research we publish can fully play its part in solving significant global challenges.
If you want to find out more about we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals, take a look at our Goals page.
- Advances in Autism
- Advances in Dual Diagnosis
- Advances in Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities
- Drugs, Habits and Social Policy
- Housing, Care and Support
- International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance
- International Journal of Health Governance
- International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare
- International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care
- International Journal of Prisoner Health
- International Journal of Workplace Health Management
- Journal of Aggression, Conflict and Peace Research
- Journal of Children's Services
- Journal of Criminal Psychology
- Journal of Criminological Research, Policy and Practice
- Journal of Integrated Care
- Journal of Intellectual Disabilities and Offending Behaviour
- Leadership in Health Services
- Mental Health and Social Inclusion
- Mental Health Review Journal
- Mental Illness
- Nutrition & Food Science
- Quality in Ageing and Older Adults
- Safer Communities
- The Journal of Adult Protection
- Journal of Forensic Practice
- The Journal of Mental Health Training, Education and Practice
- Therapeutic Communities: The International Journal of Therapeutic Communities
- Tizard Learning Disability Review
- Working with Older People
- Adult protection and safeguarding
- Children’s services
- Conflict resolution
- Creating healthy workforces
- Creating parity of physical and mental health
- Criminal psychology
- Digital health
- Dual diagnosis
- Education and training of professionals
- Enabling technologies
- Food and nutrition
- Health and social impacts of Covid-19
- Health service delivery and quality
- Human rights
- Implications of and caring for an ageing population
- Inequalities in healthcare provision
- Integrated care
- Learning and intellectual disabilities
- Management of health and care services
- Mental health
- Peace research
- Policy and practice in healthcare management
- Substance abuse and misuse
- Therapeutic communities
- Value for money in healthcare
- Youth crime
If you're a librarian, here's where you'll find details of how to access our eJournal and eBook collections on Emerald Insight.
Access our eJournal & eBook collections on Emerald Insight
Journal and book content on Emerald Insight can be accessed through a range of flexible subscription and purchase options. Match content collections to user needs by choosing from comprehensive subject collections or flexible ‘select’ models.
Health & Social Care eJournal Collection
A 2023 subscription includes access to 32 journals. In 2021, this collection had 1 million downloads.
Healthier lives gateway
This gateway sits on our open access platform, Emerald Open Research. All research published within the gateway is freely available to read, download and share.
The gateway aims to champion thought leadership by being both a critic and supporter of responsible management research, knowledge exchange and education.
Publish your article or book with us
If you want to publish an article in any of the journals listed on this page, you can find all the information you need – and submit your paper – on each journal's homepage.
If you're interested in authoring a book in this subject area, please visit our Get ready to publish a book page where you'll find contact details for individual publishers.
If you want to speak to one of the team about publishing your work, please fill in this form and one of the team will get back to you.