What is hate crime? Contemporary perspectives from four continents
Anita Kalunta-Crumpton; Texas Southern University, USA; [email protected]
List of topic areas
- Contemporary perspectives of hate crime in the respective countries – Australia, Brazil, Pakistan or India, South Africa, and Trinidad & Tobago or Jamaica
Should cover the following topics:
- Definitions of hate-motivated crime,
- including types; Reporting and recording of hate-motivated crimes;
- Trends in hate-motivated crimes in the past 10 years;
- Characteristics of perpetrators and victims of hate-motivated crimes;
- Punitive measures against hate-motivated crimes.
WORD COUNT. Each manuscript should be between 5000 – 7500.
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/safcom
Author guidelines must be strictly followed. Please see:https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/sc#author-guidelineshttps://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/sc#author-guidelines
Authors should select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue title at the appropriate step in the submission process, i.e. in response to ““Please select the issue you are submitting to”.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
Opening date for manuscripts submissions: 01/03/2023
Closing date for manuscripts submission: 21/06/2023
Closing date for abstract submission: 30/11/2022
Email for abstract submissions: [email protected]