Operations, logistics & quality
Explore our operations, logistics & quality journals, books & case studies
Welcome to our home for operations, logistics & quality research. This page is designed to help authors find a home for their work and to help librarians identify suitable eJournal and eBook collections for their researchers.
Our research covers all aspects of operations, logistics & quality such as supply chain, big data analytics, disaster relief operations, emergency logistics, global operations, lean operations, distribution methods, offshoring, outsourcing, production management, quality control and reliability, sustainable transport, and more.
- For authors
- For librarians
- Responsible management gateway
- Contact us
This subject area is aligned with Responsible management, one of four interdisciplinary goals, each of which is aligned to multiple SDGs so we can ensure that the research we publish can fully play its part in solving significant global challenges.
If you want to find out more about we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals, take a look at our Goals page.
- Benchmarking: An International Journal
- Business Process Management Journal
- International Journal of Lean Six Sigma
- International Journal of Logistics Management
- International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
- International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management
- International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences
In partnership with several organisations from around the world, we offer a range of case writing competitions.
- Assessing and managing supply chain vulnerability
- Big data analytics applied to operations
- Cold supply chains
- Development aid logistics and supply chain management
- Disaster relief operations
- Emergency logistics
- Global operations
- Green supply chain
- Humanitarian logistics
- Industry 4.0
- Lean operations
- Lean Six Sigma
- Managing supply chain disruptions
- Manufacturing technology management
- Measuring performance in humanitarian supply chains
- Multi-channel distribution
- New distribution methods
- Process control
- Production management
- Quality control
- Quality reliability
- Service management
- Service quality
- Supply chain information systems
- Supply chain management
- Supply chain management in disaster relief
- Sustainable transport
- Systems reliability
- Technology management
- Total quality management
If you're a librarian, here's where you'll find details of how to access our eJournal and eBook collections on Emerald Insight.
Access our eJournal & eBook collections on Emerald Insight
Journal and book content on Emerald Insight can be accessed through a range of flexible subscription and purchase options. Match content collections to user needs by choosing from comprehensive subject collections or flexible ‘select’ models.
Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournal Collection
A 2023 subscription includes access to 15 journals. In 2021, this collection had 3.2 million downloads.
Responsible management gateway
This gateway sits on our open access platform, Emerald Open Research. All research published within the gateway is freely available to read, download and share.
The gateway aims to champion thought leadership by being both a critic and supporter of responsible management research, knowledge exchange and education.
Publish your article or book with us
If you want to publish an article in any of the journals listed on this page, you can find all the information you need – and submit your paper – on each journal's homepage.
If you're interested in authoring a book in this subject area, please visit our Get ready to publish a book page where you'll find contact details for individual publishers.
If you want to speak to one of the team about publishing your work, please fill in this form and one of the team will get back to you.