You can publish an open access article in this journal
School-University Partnerships (SUP) publishes rigorous research and cutting-edge scholarship related to school-university partnerships and Professional Development Schools. Two issues are published annually, in the Fall and Spring. In addition, SUP publishes two special issues a year, which may use guest editors. Submissions are accepted year-round and SUP uses a double-anonymized, peer review process.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
School-University Partnerships is committed to advancing research, theory, and practice on collaborative ventures across PK-12 and higher education communities. The journal serves as a forum for the discovery and sharing of knowledge and ideas that shape educator preparation, professional learning, and effective practice in school-university partnerships. Honoring the shared voice of school- and university-based educators is central to the mission of the association; School-University Partnerships seeks manuscripts that represent partnerships among stakeholders and reflect collaborative partnership initiatives.
Manuscripts that address antiracism, equity, and social justice, improved P-12 student outcomes, and policies related to school-university partnerships are highly encouraged. Submissions may investigate school-university partnerships from a variety of methodological approaches and may focus on, but are not limited to, the following:
- Original research in school-university partnerships
- Descriptions of effective educator pedagogy, professional learning opportunities, and/or partnership models and structures
- Empirical evidence of the outcomes of school-university partnerships
- Explorations and evidence of the ability of school-university partnerships to address current educational issues
- Literature reviews or research syntheses related to school-university partnerships
All articles published in SUP are published Open Access under a CCBY 4.0 licence.
The journal is published by Emerald on behalf of National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). The journal is owned by NAPDS and is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by NAPDS. There is no charge to the author.
This journal supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals
As a leading social science publisher, we're passionate about leading change, and align everything we do with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our core area of focus is interdisciplinary research aligned with the SDGs, with four key goals in mind – Fairer society, Healthier lives, Responsible management, and Quality education for all – all of which are about creating real-world impact, at a time when it's needed most.
Transparency statement for School University Partnerships (SUP)
- Journal Ownership: School University Partnerships (SUP) is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald's Publishing Team as follows: Chris Tutill - [email protected].
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/sup under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Originality: Any manuscript you submit to this journal should be original. That means it should not have been published before in its current, or similar, form. Exceptions to this rule are outlined in our pre-print and conference paper policies. If any substantial element of your paper has been previously published, you need to declare this to the journal editor upon submission. Please note, the journal editor may use Crossref Similarity Check to check on the originality of submissions received. For further information on originality, please see our editorial policy & originality guidelines.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Chris Tutill (Emerald Publishing) Jan 2023.
Become a Reviewer for SUP
School-University Partnerships is keen to collaborate with our reviewer community. If you would like to serve as a reviewer for School-University Partnerships, please email your request and CV/resume to [email protected]