You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Saudi Journal of Language Studies (SJLS) is an academic, open access, and peer-reviewed journal publishing articles regarding all aspects of language studies. The journal is published by Emerald Group Publishing on behalf of King Khalid University.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
The Saudi Journal of Language Studies (SJLS) is an open forum for interdisciplinary research grounded in sound theory, language practice research, and translation studies of interest to scholars and language educators. Thus, the journal will seek cutting-edge interdisciplinary research from around the world that reflects diverse theoretical and methodological frameworks and topical areas, including, but not limited to:
- Foreign and/or second language learning, teaching, and use
- Language assessment and testing
- Language for Special Purposes (e.g., ESP)
- Language for Academic Purposes (LAP)
- Multimodal communication and Computer-Mediated Communication (CMC)
- Teacher/learner identity studies
- Foreign/second language classroom-centered research
- Translation studies
- Literature studies
- Culture studies
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Lexicographical research, literacies, rhetoric, and stylistics
- Discourse analysis
- Deaf linguistics
- Forensic linguistics
- Historical linguistics
- Theoretical linguistics
SJLS utilizes a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If an article is considered suitable for peer review, it will then be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess its suitability for publication. The final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the journal editor.
All articles in the Saudi Journal of Language Studies are published as Open Access (OA) under a CC BY 4.0 license.
SJLS is owned by King Khalid University, and run on their behalf by Emerald Group Publishing. All publishing costs for SJLS are funded by King Khalid University under a Platinum OA arrangement, which means there is no cost to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: February 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: February 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: February 2023)
Transparency statement for Saudi Journal of Language Studies
- Journal Ownership: Saudi Journal of Language Studies is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the King Khalid University.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the King Khalid University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found above. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
Michael Burrows – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the King Khalid University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/aea under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the King Khalid University.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the King Khalid University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Beth Murray (Emerald Publishing) on 6 December 2021.