You can publish an open access article in this journal
PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice is a double-anonymized, peer-reviewed journal that shares innovative practices, highlights action research, and promotes collaborative inquiry related to Professional Development Schools and other school–university partnerships. We also accept submissions for our “Thank You for Your Service” column.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice is a double-anonymized, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to promoting collaborative inquiry and sharing innovative practices among individuals involved in Professional Development Schools (PDSs) or other school–university partnerships (SUPs). Published three times a year, including one special issue, PDS Partners is relevant to these and other audiences within the field of teaching and teacher education.
The editorial team welcomes articles related to PDSs, SUPs, and other professional development efforts that involve collaboration between universities and PK–12 schools, districts, and communities. Descriptions of partnership initiatives and experiences may take the form of practice-focused articles, including action research; articles that encompass research and practice; or nontraditional submissions like poetry or “Thank You for Your Service” spotlights.
All articles published in PDSP are published Open Access under a CCBY 4.0 licence.
The journal is published by Emerald on behalf of National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). The journal is owned by NAPDS and is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by NAPDS. There is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Transparency statement for PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice (PDSP)
- Journal Ownership: PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice (PDSP) is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editors. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chiefs of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
Valerie Robillard: Senior Publisher – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editors will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/aea under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Originality: Any manuscript you submit to this journal should be original. That means it should not have been published before in its current, or similar, form. Exceptions to this rule are outlined in our pre-print and conference paper policies. If any substantial element of your paper has been previously published, you need to declare this to the journal editors upon submission. Please note, the journal editors may use Crossref Similarity Check to check on the originality of submissions received. For further information on originality, please see our editorial policy & originality guidelines.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Chris Tutill (Emerald Publishing) Jan 2023.
Become a Reviewer for PDSP
PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice is keen to collaborate with our reviewer community. If you would like to serve as a reviewer for PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice, please email your request and CV/resume to [email protected]