You can publish an open access article in this journal
Faculty of Economy and Business, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7118-9013
- Carlos Flavián
Regional Editor - Africa
Jyväskylä School of Business and Economics, University of Jyväskylä, Finland; Faculty of Management Sciences, Rivers State University, Nigeria - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5081-354X
- Dandison Ukpapbi
Regional Editors - Asia
Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Hong Kong
- Dan Wang
Regional Editors - Europe
Audencia Business School - France
- Raffaele Filieri
Regional Editors - North America
University of Central Florida - USA
- Fevzi Okumus
Regional Editors - Oceania
Business School, University of Western Australia (Australia)
- Arnold Japutra
Regional Editors - South America
Unisinos Business School, Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2538-9089
- Celso Augusto de Matos
Faculty of Business and Public Management, University of Zaragoza, Huesca, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9643-2814
- Luis V. Casaló
Faculty of Economics and Business Sciences, University of Granada, Granada, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2725-492X
Faculty of Economy and Business, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0656-1592
Faculty of Economy, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5051-868X
- Luis-Alberto Casado-Aranda
Faculty of Economy and Business, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8353-3870
- Sergio Barta
Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8103-9174
ESIC University, Madrid, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3713-7102
Faculty of Economics and Business Sciences, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain - https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8827-5353
- Angel Herrero Crespo
Editorial Advisory Board
School of Economics and Business, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Department of Management and Economics, University of Beira Interior - Portugal
Ross School of Business, University of Michigan - USA
Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada
Economics, University of Maryland, USA
Faculty of Economics and Business, KU Leuven, Belgium
Faculty of Business, Economics & Statistics, University of Vienna, Austria
Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth, UK
Hanken School of Economics - Finland
College of Business, Florida State University, USA
National Taiwan University, Taiwan
G. Tomas M.
International Business Center, Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, USA
Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Oviedo, Spain
School of Business, Rice University, Houston, USA
Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds, UK
Salford University Business School, UK
Yonsei University - South Korea
Sciences Administratives, University of Quebec, Canada
College of Business, University of Central Florida, USA
Faculty of Economics and Business Sciences, University of Granada, Spain
ISCTE-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa, Lisboa - Portugal
Faculty of Economy and Business, University of Murcia, Spain
King's Business School, King’s College London - UK
Faculty of Economy and Business, University of Zaragoza, Spain
University of Beira Interior, Portugal
Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, USA
Innovation Technology Entrepreneurship & Marketing, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Indian School of Business, India
Villanova School of Business, Villanova, PA, USA
Eindhoven University of Technology - The Netherlands
Zicklin School of Business, The City University of New York, USA
Marketing, IESE Business School, Spain
King's Business School, Kings College, London, UK
- Jose Afonso Mazzon
Publishing Services Manager
- Judy Yeh
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Kevin Leslie Dsilva
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Uday Bhan
CiteScore Tracker 2023
This journal is included in the following abstract and indexing services:
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List - Grade B
- Carhus Plus+
- DIALNET PLUS
- Difusión y Calidad Editorial de las Revistas Españolas de Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas (DICE)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS)
- Google Scholar
- ICI Journals Master List
- ÍnDICEs – CSIC
- ISOC (CSIC)
- ISSN Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- LATINDEX 2.0
- Health Research Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Healthcare Administration Database (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central Basic (Korea)
- ProQuest Central Essentials
- ProQuest Central Student
- Publicly Available Content Database (ProQuest)
- Publication Forum Index
- Scientific Indexing Services
- Summons (ProQuest)
Calls for papers
Building knowledge within the marketing discipline – a call for literature reviews
Spanish Journal of Marketing - ESIC
Spanish Journal of Marketing-ESIC Special issue Building knowledge withi...
Consumer Engagement: Contemporary Challenges in an Evolving World
Spanish Journal of Marketing - ESIC
Consumer engagement (CE) has gained rapidly growing practitioner and researcher interest in recent years (Kumar et al., 2019; Rather et al., 2021), as revealed by its inclusion in the Marketing Science In...
Spanish Journal of Marketing - ESIC is a double-anonymous peer-reviewed journal with an international focus, accepting manuscripts from authors all over the world and articles that cover all international markets, not necessarily just the Spanish market. The name of the journal only reflects its origin. ESIC and AEMARK are proud to offer this channel of scientific communication to the entire international community on marketing and international business.
Spanish journal of marketing-ESIC ISSN: 2444-9709
Abbreviated key-title: Span. j. mark.-ESIC
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
The Spanish Journal of Marketing-ESIC has been published periodically since 1996 with the support of AEMARK (Spanish Association of Academic and Professional; [email protected]) and ESIC Business & Marketing School ([email protected]). The journal has been published by Emerald since 2018 and has been published fully in English since 2016.
SJM-ESIC is a double-anonymous peer-reviewed journal with an international vocation and welcomes manuscripts from authors all over the world and articles can be focused on any relevant international market. SJM-ESIC is especially interested in submissions that include unique and novel contributions on the frontier of knowledge, focused on emerging areas relevant to academic research in marketing or even opening new research niches. SJM-ESIC publishes three issues a year.
SJM-ESIC is an open access journal: all articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download and share. Authors do not have to pay any publication fee (all the publication fees are paid by ESIC and AEMARK).
Spanish Journal of Marketing – ESIC (SJM-ESIC) previously published under the title Revista Española de Investigación de Marketing ESIC.
SJM-ESIC is a double-anonymous peer-reviewed journal with an international vocation and welcomes manuscripts of authors all over the world. SJM-ESIC publishes three issues a year.
SJM-ESIC has been published periodically since 1996 with the support of AEMARK (Spanish Association of Academic and Professional Marketing) and ESIC Business & Marketing School. The journal is published by Emerald since 2018 and it is published fully in English since 2016.
SJM-ESIC has a very rigorous evaluation process and its main objective is to encourage debate and to promote the publication of the latest trends in research in the area of marketing. Works submitted must be prepared in accordance with the highest standards of quality. Manuscripts must be clear, concise, and logical. The use of professional editing services is highly recommended for non-native English speakers.
Authors must submit a structured abstract and keywords in English, Spanish and Chinese or, alternatively, contact the editorial team to translate the abstract to Spanish and Chinese on your behalf.
The journal audience includes academics, students and professionals active in research in marketing worldwide interested in the aforementioned contributions.
SJM-ESIC is an open access journal: all articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. Authors do not have to pay any open access publication fee. Publications fees are paid by ESIC and AEMARK.
Publishing Services partnership
SJM-ESIC is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Asociación Española de Marketing Académico y Profesional (AEMARK) and ESIC Business & Marketing School.SJM-ESIC is owned by Asociación Española de Marketing Académico y Profesional (AEMARK) and ESIC Business & Marketing School.SJM-ESIC is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in SJM-ESIC are funded by the Asociación Española de Marketing Académico y Profesional (AEMARK) and ESIC Business & Marketing School. There is no charge to the author.
Spanish journal of marketing-ESIC ISSN: 2444-9709
Abbreviated key-title: Span. j. mark.-ESIC
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: February 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: February 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: February 2023)
Transparency statement for Spanish Journal of Marketing - ESIC
- Journal Ownership: Spanish Journal of Marketing - ESIC is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the La Asociación Española de Marketing Académico y Profesional (AEMARK).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the AEMARK. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Michael Burrows - [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the AEMARK. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/sjme under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the AEMARK.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the AEMARK unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.