You can publish an open access article in this journal
The South Asian Journal of Marketing is an international, open access, peer-reviewed academic journal focusing on all topics related to Marketing with a particular emphasis on the South Asia region. The journal is published by Emerald and managed by the Faculty of Management Studies, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka on behalf of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Being the official Journal of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, the South Asian Journal of Marketing (SAJM) aims to be a double-anonymous peer reviewed Journal with South Asian, as well as international, reputation for publishing pioneering and innovative contributions. The SAJM carefully concerns itself with all aspects of marketing practices and theory in the South Asian context: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The intellectual contributions of the Journal aim at enhancing the existing knowledge of marketing management, while simultaneously subjecting research that takes marketing management and the managerial agenda of marketing thought as an object of intellectual scrutiny. Hence, the SAJM aims to be one of the most sought-after marketing and consumer research entity welcoming contributions from the entire spectrum.
SAJM aims to cater to a wide and intellectually advanced audience and hence expects all contributions to the Journal to be of rigorous intellectual clarity, with well-researched literature and easily understood by a wide audience.
We invite submissions in core areas of marketing, shared below:
- Marketing Management
- Consumer behavior
- Technology and digital marketing
- Marketing and Society
- Services Marketing
- Sales management and retailing
- B to B and Network Marketing
- Sustainability Marketing
- Brand management
- International / Global Marketing
- Industrial Marketing
- Advertising and IMC
SAJM is published by Emerald on behalf of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM). The journal is owned by SLIM and is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by SLIM. There is no charge to the author.
Publication in partnership with Emerald commences in 2021. Previous issues can be accessed here.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: May 2023)
Transparency statement for South Asian Journal of Marketing
- Journal Ownership: South Asian Journal of Marketing is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Serena Tsai - [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/sajm under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Valerie Robillard (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.