Property management & built environment
Explore our property management & built environment journals & books
Welcome to our home for property management & built environment research. This page is designed to help authors find a home for their work and to help librarians identify suitable eJournal and eBook collections for their researchers.
Our research covers all aspects of property management & built environment such as architectural design, city and town planning, construction management, disaster resilience, energy and buildings, property management, smart/Sustainable cities, and more.
This subject area is aligned with A fairer society, which is one of four interdisciplinary goals, each is which aligned to multiple SDGs so we can ensure that the research we publish can fully play its part in solving significant global challenges.
If you want to find out more about we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals, take a look at our Goals page.
- Archnet-IJAR: International Journal of Architectural Research
- Built Environment Project and Asset Management
- Construction Innovation
- International Journal of Building Pathology and Adaptation (Previously published as Structural Survey)
- International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment
- International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis
- Journal of Corporate Real Estate
- Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology
- Journal of European Real Estate Research
- Journal of Facilities Management
- Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction
- Journal of Place Management and Development
- Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law
- Open House International
- Property Management
- Smart and Sustainable Built Environment
- Architectural design
- Building adaptation and retrofit
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- City and town planning
- Construction management
- Corporate real estate
- Cultural heritage
- Disaster resilience
- Energy and buildings
- Climate emergency and environmental sustainability
- Facilities management
- Heritage conservation
- Housing markets
- Housing studies
- Place branding and marketing
- Planning law
- Project and asset management
- Property and real estate planning
- Property investment and valuation
- Property law
- Property management
- Smart/Sustainable cities
- Sustainable buildings and development
- Urban design
If you're a librarian, here's where you'll find details of how to access our eJournal and eBook collections on Emerald Insight.
Access our eJournal & eBook collections on Emerald Insight
Journal and book content on Emerald Insight can be accessed through a range of flexible subscription and purchase options. Match content collections to user needs by choosing from comprehensive subject collections or flexible ‘select’ models.
Property Management & Built Environment eJournal Collection
A 2023 subscription includes access to 20 journals. In 2021, this collection had 1.1 million downloads.
Fairer society gateway
This gateway sits on our open access platform, Emerald Open Research. All research published within the gateway is freely available to read, download and share.
This gateway focuses on the creation of a just, inclusive society without any barriers to participation.
Publish your article or book with us
If you want to publish an article in any of the journals listed on this page, you can find all the information you need – and submit your paper – on each journal's homepage.
If you're interested in authoring a book in this subject area, please visit our Get ready to publish a book page where you'll find contact details for individual publishers.
If you want to speak to one of the team about publishing your work, please fill in this form and one of the team will get back to you.