Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives
You can publish an open access article in this journal
Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives is a peer reviewed, Open Access journal, which focuses on all aspects of Higher Education research with a regional focus on the Gulf, but with global relevance and readership.
Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives aims to present and discuss issues and research of relevance to university and college educators in the Arab Gulf Region. LTHE is a refereed journal published by Emerald Publishing Group. The journal is intended to be of relevance to people teaching in any discipline, or supporting learning in other ways, in higher education in the Gulf, although the readership is worldwide.
Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for peer review, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess its suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the journal editor.
Submissions are double-blind reviewed by at least two peer reviewers. Because the journal is aimed at educators from a range of subject backgrounds, one of the reviewers is normally working in the subject area of the author, and the other in a different subject area. Reviews refer to the criteria listed below. Each review typically takes approximately one month.
- Clear, Relevant Goals - clearly relevant to learning and teaching in a range of subject areas at tertiary level in the Gulf Region.
- Adequate Preparation - setting the scene for the study, including relevant and sufficient review of concepts and findings in previous work in the field; relevant and sufficient discussion of the particular context of the course/activity involved.
- Appropriate Methods - research methodology (or gathering of data about practical initiatives).
- Significant Results - clearly presented findings (or evidence and insights from the course/activity) which are clearly relevant to teaching and learning in a range of disciplines.
- Effective Presentation - format, spelling, style, length, etc.
- Reflective Critique – awareness of the personal and professional relevance of the study.
All articles published in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. For further information on licencing please see the author guidelines.
To submit to the journal, please go to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lthe. Please follow the author guidelines before submitting.
Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives is published by Emerald Group Publishing on behalf of Zayed University, who owns the title. Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the Journal are funded by Zayed University. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
Research Coordinator, Center for Educational Innovation, Zayed University, UAE
- Prof. Christina Gitsaki
- Doug Medland
Editorial Advisory Board
Director, Foundation Program, Qatar University, Qatar
Executive General Manager, Academic, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand
Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa
Senior Associate at the Carnegie Middle East Center, Carnegie Middle East Center, Lebanon
Oman Academic Accreditation Authority, Oman
Former Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Vice-President, Southern Cross University, Australia
Director, Centre for Learning, Teaching & Research, School of Education, Durham University, UK
College of Education, Zayed University, UAE
Senior Researcher: South Africa-Norway Tertiary Education Development (SANTED) Project, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa
Executive Dean, Education and General education, Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE
German Universtiy of Technology in Oman, Oman
Dean of Humanities, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain
Director of Centre for Educational Development & Academic Methods, The Australian National University, Australia
- Dr. Khalid A. Al-Ali
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Cabell's Directories
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate)
- Google Scholar
- Summons (ProQuest)
CiteScore Tracker 2020
Transparency Statement: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives (LTHE)
- Journal Ownership: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Zayed University
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by Zayed University
The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Doug Medland: Publisher of Open Access – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by S Zayed University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum (two issues in 2020 and 2021)
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com https://www.emerald.com/insight/ under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Zayed University
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by Zayed University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Douglas Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 17 June 2020.