Emerald/CEEMAN case writing competition
Enter the emerging market focused CEEMAN/Emerald case writing competition for a chance to win up to €2,500 and to have your case published globally.
Competition status: Open
Closing date: 15 April 2023
Publication: Emerging Markets Case Studies
Emerald Publishing and The International Association for Management Development in Dynamic Societies (CEEMAN) welcome high quality teaching cases to this joint case writing competition.
The aim of the competition is to develop case material relevant to dynamic and emerging economies and to nurture case-writing capabilities in those countries. We encourage global submissions.
Award and publication
The total award prize fund is €4,000, including €2,500 for the winner. Prizes are also awarded to two runners-up.
Additional funding for scholarships may also be available.
We also consider all submissions for international publication in Scopus-ranked Emerging Market Case Studies (EMCS).
Though we are an international publisher, we must comply with all current economic sanctions within the United Kingdom. This may impact our ability to pay authors from restricted countries. Please know, however, that these submissions are still welcome and given all due consideration. If you are concerned about what this might mean for your submission should it go on to win the competition, please contact us.
Your case should:
- Have a developing and emerging markets focus (Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Middle East).
- Be based on a real situation in a real company.
- Be a teaching case, we cannot accept academic (research) cases.
- Not have been published before in its current or substantially similar form or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case centre.
- Meet the standard EMCS author guidelines (more below).
- Include a completed and signed consent to publish release form.
- Your case will be automatically entered into the peer-review process. Selected cases will be published in the Scopus-ranked EMCS collection (ISSN 2045 0621). By participating in the competition, you are agreeing to publish your case study in EMCS, subject to acceptance for publication after peer review and revisions (if required).
Master case writing: how to write a successful teaching case study
Join us on Monday 27 February (9pm GMT) for a case writing workshop led by Emerald's cases commissioning lead, Melissa Close.
Learn how to develop a case study for publication, including top tricks and tips to avoid the most common pitfalls of writing. The session will also feature the founder of the Case for Women Lesley Symons, who will offer a few words about the competition's mission, and competition editor Professor Valerie Suslow of John Hopkins University, who will share some final suggestions on how to ensure a successful submission.
Enter the competition
To enter the competition, you will submit your case study through the Emerging Markets Case Studies collection on ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Closing date: 15 April 2023
Select ‘CEEMAN 2023’ from the options.
Your entry should include: case study, teaching note, title page and consent to publish form.
CEEMAN and Emerald are delighted to announce the winners of the 28th Annual Case Writing Competition.
We received a total number of 26 submissions to the competition from 9 countries (including Egypt, Ukraine and United Arab Emirates).
The judging panel consisted of Shalini Rahul Tiwari, IMT Ghaziabad, India; Al Rosenbloom, Dominican University, USA; and Leif Sjoblom, IMD, Switzerland. The panel selected short-listed cases, reviewed them, and evaluated them based on the competition criteria.
Winners received their awards at the CEEMAN Annual Conference, September 2022. Congratulations to all the winning authors!
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the case study competition, please contact our cases publisher Melissa Close using this form, or get in touch with Živa Žmavc Thongvanh, CEEMAN Project Manager