The power of
Making the world a better place for all
As a global publisher, Emerald represents researchers from diverse communities across more than 100 countries.
We’ve been doing this for many years, but believe – now more than ever – that research is most impactful when a diverse range of voices are included. To us, that means regardless of race, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, income or anything else – individuals deserve and should demand to be equally represented and heard.
We also believe that research is at the forefront of pushing society forward, by getting research into the hands of those making the decisions that drive change. To create real world impact that can be felt, not just words on paper, to make the world a better place for all.
The global inclusivity report 2020
As part of our ever-evolving understanding of what inequality feels like and how we may start to tackle it, we’ve commissioned a global report on inclusivity; this is a small step in understanding the challenges people face and that we must face into in order to create a fairer, more inclusive society.
Diversity needs to be respected & to thrive
Listen as Vicky Williams, Emerald Publishing CEO discuses diversity in academia and publishing in a time of global change with experts Jakob Feldtfos Christensen, founder and the director of Diversiunity and Lachlan Smith, director of Cloud Chamber.
The conversation visits a number of key topics for everyone within the publishing, research and broader academic community and how real impact comes from diverse voices being part of the scholarly discourse.
An inclusive society for every person, everywhere
We pride ourselves on representing the under-represented, but we know publishers haven’t always got this right and more can always be done. We’re challenging ourselves by:
- Making sure our content is representative of the many and not the few.
- Educating ourselves, and being more conscious of the issues in everything we do.
- Ensuring our editorial boards, authorship and case studies are as diverse as the population and topics they're created for.
- Doing everything we can to amplify the work of others that contribute to change.
- Ensuring all our business activities have a diverse representation.
- Not supporting, sponsoring or working in partnership with other organisations that do not uphold these values.
That’s because we believe that its only through diverse voices that can we create real impact. Download transcript of video.