You can publish an open access article in this journal
Tourism Critiques: Practice and Theory (TRC) publishes peer-reviewed research and commentary open access in fields related to the development of theory, practice and policy making that relates to tourism. The journal is owned by College of Tourism, Beijing Union University, and delivered by Emerald Publishing Services.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Tourism Critiques: Practice and Theory (TRC) seeks articles that review and critique current understanding of tourism and its social, economic, cultural, environmental and political impacts as demonstrated through business practices and policy-making by organisations. It is international in coverage, and is compliant with Plan S, that is, it is open access and authors are not required to pay authorship fees. It has an internationally recognised editorial board.
To facilitate the dissemination of knowledge across languages, TRC allows for the publication of articles previously published in the Chinese language.
All articles are published open access, so are made freely available at no charge to the author.
All articles published in Tourism Critiques are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence.
Tourism Critiques is published by Emerald Group Publishing on behalf of the College of Tourism, Beijing Union University, who owns the title. Tourism Critiques is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the Journal are funded by the College of Tourism, Beijing Union University. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for Tourism Critiques
- Journal Ownership: Tourism Critiques is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Beijing Union.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Beijing Union. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Eva Chen – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Beijing Union. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/trcpt under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Beijing Union.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Beijing Union unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
- Previously published articles in translation:Tourism Critiques allows for the publication of articles previously published in Chinese. Such submissions will not undergo the same double-anonymous reviewing process as original submissions. Translated articles will be clearly highlighted on publication and will indicate the original venue of publication.
This statement was updated by Eva Chen (Emerald Publishing) on 28th Sep 2022.