You can publish an open access article in this journal
International Hospitality Review is an academic, peer-reviewed journal focused on the exchange of ideas between academics and industry leaders on both theoretical and applied concepts in the field of international hospitality. Published by Emerald on behalf of Florida International University.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
International Hospitality Review (IHR) aims to be an open-access forum, facilitating scientific exchange and knowledge transfer on the subject of international hospitality.
The journal publishes 2 issues per annum and includes topics on but not limited to: functional areas of management, marketing, public relations, promotion, sales, legal, personnel management, and technology as applied through the processes associated with planning, leading, coordinating, and controlling hospitality operations.
With a global emphasis, IHR welcomes submissions from all scholars and researchers with an interest in expanding the knowledge base of the international hospitality industry.
All articles published in IHR are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence.
International Hospitality Review is published by Emerald on behalf of Florida International University. The journal is owned by Florida International University. The journal is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article are funded by Florida International University. There is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for International Hospitality Review
- Journal Ownership: International Hospitality Review is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Florida International University Board of Trustees.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Florida International University Board of Trustees. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-anonymous peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Chris Tutill – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Florida International University Board of Trustees. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/ihr under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Florida International University Board of Trustees.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Florida International University Board of Trustees unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Chris Tutill (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.