Get ready to publish in a journal
Choose which journal to publish in or search our active calls for papers. When you're ready, find out how to submit your paper.
Our journals cover everything from research papers and case studies to general reviews and literature reviews.
We welcome interdisciplinary research, which may give you a choice of publications spanning different subject areas. You can find out what kind of content and formats we accept in the author guidelines for your chosen publication.
Our top tips
We’ve pulled out some tips to help you find the right journal for you and get your paper accepted:
- Look at where papers you have cited were published
- Discuss your options with colleagues
- Check with your professional association(s)
- Search our journal titles and active calls for papers
- Explore the journal’s aims and scopes and make sure it is the right home for your research
Are you eligible for an open access publishing voucher?
We partner with libraries and consortia to offer authors prepaid vouchers to publish their work openly.
Submit your paper
Submit your research through your chosen journal’s online submission site, find author support and understand your next steps to publish your paper.
Publish open access with us
We have flexible options for publishing your work open access. All our journals offer open access, you can publish an open access book or choose our open research publishing platform, Emerald Open Research, for a fast and transparent publishing route aligned to United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
Transparency and openness
We are a signatory of the Transparency and Openness Promotion (TOP) Guidelines, a framework that supports the reproducibility of research through the adoption of transparent research practices. As a result, we encourage you to:
- Cite and fully reference all data, programme code, and other methods in your manuscript
- Include persistent identifiers, such as a Digital Object Identifier (DOI), in references for datasets and programme codes
- Follow relevant international and national procedures whenever you cite data