You can publish an open access article in this journal
Southeast Asia: A Multidisciplinary Journal is the tri-annually peer reviewed publication of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD). SEAMJ was launched in 1999. The journal is open access and covers the entire spectrum of the arts, social sciences, and humanities of high-quality theoretical, analytical, and empirical works.
While the regional focus of the journal is Southeast Asia and, therefore, most of the articles reflect and relate to this geographical region, articles may still be considered if the topics are of relevance and have significant implications for the region.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Southeast Asia: A Multidisciplinary Journal (SEAMJ) publishes peer-reviewed research on all subject matters in the Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities, including but not limited to the environment, globalization, migration, development, historical studies, international relations, literature and linguistics, public health, sociology, social policy, health economics, and anthropology.
We welcome quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research, and we prioritize policy-relevant empirical research. Systematic reviews and submissions based on policy are also encouraged. We welcome book reviews.
Visit the Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) site to access articles published before 2023.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: January 2024)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: January 2024)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: January 2024)
Transparency statement for Southeast Asia: A Multidisciplinary Journal
- Journal Ownership: Southeast Asia: A Multidisciplinary Journal is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Contact Information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald as follows: Judy Yeh – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY 4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam. There is currently no Article Processing Charge to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on Emerald Insight – http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/seamj under a CC BY 4.0 licence (please see point 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes, including Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Originality: Any manuscript you submit to this journal should be original. That means it should not have been published before in its current or similar form. Exceptions to this rule are outlined in our pre-print and conference paper policies. If any substantial element of your paper has been previously published, you need to declare this to the journal editor upon submission. Please note, the journal editor may use Crossref Similarity Check to check on the originality of submissions received. For further information on originality, please see our editorial policy & originality guidelines.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Judy Yeh at Emerald Publishing on 3rd January 2023.