You can publish an open access article in this journal
Journal of Internet and Digital Economics (JIDE) publishes peer-reviewed research articles on internet economics, digital economics, and e-commerce in association with China Center for Internet Economy Research at Central University of Finance and Economics.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Journal of Internet and Digital Economics (JIDE) aims to publish and promote academic research covering fundamental theories, empirical evidence and policy evaluation around the fast-growing internet and digital economy, which include new economic activities and phenomena driven by information and communication technologies (ICT).
JIDE welcomes original research and review papers related to all aspects of internet and digital economics from: the principles and basic mechanisms of the digital economy, the economic and social impact of internet and digital technologies to changes in consumer behaviour and firm dynamics and government supervision in the new economy.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Internet economics
- Digital economics
- Digital finance
- New economy
- Sharing economy
The editorial team welcomes reviewers with expertise in internet and digital economics. For anyone interested, please email your CV and key areas of expertise to [email protected].
JIDE operates a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for peer review, articles will then be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess its suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rest with the journal editor.
All articles published in JIDE are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence. For further information on licencing please see the author guidelines.
JIDE is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of China Center for Internet Economy Research at Central University of Finance and Economics, who owns the title. JIDE is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the Journal are funded by Central University of Finance and Economics. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for Journal of Internet and Digital Economics
- Journal Ownership: Journal of Internet and Digital Economics is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Central University of Finance and Economics. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
Eva Chen: Publishing Services Manager – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Central University of Finance and Economics. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - https://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/jide under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Central University of Finance and Economics unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Eva Chen (Emerald Publishing) on 22 June 2021.