You can publish an open access article in this journal
Digital Transformation and Society publishes peer-reviewed research in the interdisciplinary field of digital transformation and society. It’s an international journal fostering discussions how digital technologies disrupt and transform society, nationally and internationally. It promotes critical analysis and inquiries into the theory and development of digitalization in business and society.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Digital Transformation and Society (DTS) publishes innovative and original papers on all topics related to digital technology, development, and transformation in business and society, promoting work that crosses technical, business, social, and other disciplinary boundaries. It is the primary forum for presenting new theories and new empirical results in the emerging, interdisciplinary field of digital transformation and society, incorporating research, education, and practice. It aims to present empirical, modelling, and theoretical studies of business and society digitalization and transformation. Topics covered include but are not limited to the following:
Theory and Fundamentals
- The Theory and Development of Digital Transformation and Society
- Values and Impacts of Digital Transformation
- Digitality and Intangibility
- Digital Transformation and Intellectual Property
- Digital Identify, Trust, Security, and Privacy
- Governance, Regulations, and Policies
Business and Organization Transformation
- Digital Transformation in Business
- Digital Transformation in Organizations
- Service Digitalization
- Industry Digitalization
- Digital Logistics and Supply Chain
- Digital Arts and Life
- Digital Citizenship
- Digital Transformation in Cultural Institutions
- Digital Transformation and Cultural Change
- Digital Literacy and Societal Engagement
- Digital Community and Urban Development and Sustainability
- Digital Divide and Societal Challenges
Platforms and Technology
- Digital Twin Technology
- Metaverse and Immersive Technology
- Data, Systems, and Society
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Analytics in Digitalization
- Platformization and Digital Transformation
Applications and Trends
- Digital Economy
- Digital Healthcare
- Digital Currency and FinTech
- Digital and Smart City
- Digital Education and Workforce
- The Future of Work, Life, and Society
All articles are published open access, so are made freely available at no charge to the author.
DTS is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Chengdu University, who owns the title. DTS is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the Journal are funded by the Chengdu University. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for Digital Transformation and Society
- Journal Ownership: Digital Transformation and Society is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Chengdu University.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Chengdu University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found above. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Eva Chen – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Chengdu University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes two issues per annum.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/dts under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Chengdu University.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Chengdu University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Eva Chen (Emerald Publishing) on 10 January 2022.