Library & information sciences
Explore our library & information sciences journals & books
Welcome to our home for library & information sciences research. This page is designed to help authors find a home for their work and to help librarians identify suitable eJournal and eBook collections for their researchers.
Our research covers all aspects of library & information sciences such as academic librarianship, archives and records, classification and indexing, collection and curation, data analysis, dissemination, educational technologies, information architecture, intellectual freedom, knowledge organisation, metadata and taxonomies, online communities and data use, and more.
This subject area is aligned with Quality education for all, one of four interdisciplinary goals, each of which is aligned to multiple SDGs so we can ensure that the research we publish can fully play its part in solving significant global challenges.
If you want to find out more about we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals, take a look at our Goals page.
- Aslib Journal of Information Management
- Collection and Curation
- Data Technologies and Applications
- Digital Library Perspectives (previously OCLC Systems & Services)
- Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication
- Information Discovery and Delivery (Previously published as BLL Review and then Interlending Review and then Interlending & Document Supply)
- Academic Librarianship
- Archives and records
- Censorship, discrimination and bias
- Classification and Indexing
- Collection and curation
- Data analytics
- Educational technologies
- Health information and data
- Information and data visualisation
- Information architecture
- Information in education and society
- Information in teaching and learning
- Information needs, seeking and use
- Information resources in distance learning
- Information society
- Intellectual freedom
- Knowledge organisation
- Metadata and taxonomies
- Museums and galleries
- Online communities, social networking and social media information
- Online data use
- Preservation and conservation of information objects
- Reference work
- Using learning analytics to assess the value and impact of information resources
If you're a librarian, here's where you'll find details of how to access our eJournal and eBook collections on Emerald Insight.
Access our eJournal & eBook collections on Emerald Insight
Journal and book content on Emerald Insight can be accessed through a range of flexible subscription and purchase options. Match content collections to user needs by choosing from comprehensive subject collections or flexible ‘select’ models.
Find out more about eJournal collections and eBook collections.
Library & Information Sciences eJournal Collection
A 2023 subscription includes access to 16 journals. In 2021, this collection had 1.7 million downloads
Quality education for all gateway
This gateway sits on our open access platform, Emerald Open Research. All research published within the gateway is freely available to read, download and share.
The gateway aims to champion thought leadership by being both a critic and supporter of responsible management research, knowledge exchange and education.
Publish your article or book with us
If you want to publish an article in any of the journals listed on this page, you can find all the information you need – and submit your paper – on each journal's homepage.
If you're interested in authoring a book in this subject area, please visit our Get ready to publish a book page where you'll find contact details for individual publishers.
If you want to speak to one of the team about publishing your work, please fill in this form and one of the team will get back to you.