You can publish an open access article in this journal
Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research is an academic, open access, peer reviewed journal owned by Arabian Gulf University, which welcomes both theoretical and empirical submissions in natural resources sciences, medical sciences, biotechnology, computer science and applications, innovation, entrepreneurship, and management sciences, and educational sciences.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research (AGJSR) publishes peer review research covering all aspects of pure, natural resources, management, computer, innovation, biotechnology, and educational sciences. The journal welcomes research, viewpoint, technical, conceptual, literature review, policy brief, and case study paper. The title covers but is not limited to the following research topic:
- Natural resources sciences (i.e., climate change, renewable energy, waste management, water management, etc).
- Medical Sciences (behavioural medical issues, psychological issues, etc).
- Computer science and applications (cloud computing, mobile applications, cybersecurity, AI, FinTech, IOS, etc).
- Biotechnology (i.e., Bioprocess engineering, drug discovery, bioremediation, environmental biotechnology).
- Innovation, entrepreneurship, and management sciences (Digital, social, national, regional, product, process, organizational innovation; digital entrepreneurship, challenges and drivers of entrepreneurship, leadership styles, etc.).
- Educational Sciences (i.e., digital education, measurement and evaluation, educational psychology, creativity, gifted and talent management, autism, and difficulties, Virtual and augmented reality, metaverse, etc.).
The first AGJSR issue was published in 1983 by the Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) under the printed ISSN 1015-4442. Since 1999 the Journal moved to be published by the Arabian Gulf University (Manama, Bahrain) under the printed ISSN 1985-9899. The journal is currently published by Emerald on behalf of Arabian Gulf University under the printed ISSN:1985-9899 and online ISSN: 2536-0051.
All articles in Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence, so are made freely available at no charge to the author. For further information on licencing please see the author guidelines.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency Statement for Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research:
- Journal Ownership: Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Arabian Gulf University.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by Arabian Gulf University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-blind peer-review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Chris Tutill – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Arabian Gulf University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of Interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes four issues per annum.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Arabian Gulf University.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by Arabian Gulf University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Beth Murray (Emerald Publishing) on 2 February 2022.