You can publish an open access article in this journal
Professor and Chairman Department of Computer Sciences, College of Computer & Info. Sciences King Saud University Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Hatim Aboalsamh
Editorial Support Assistant
Saudi Computer Society King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Rizwan Irshad
- Dr Michael Burrows
College of Computer and Information Sciences King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Department of Computer Engineering College of Computer and Information Sciences King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Information Systems Department College of Computer and Information Sciences King Saud University Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Prof. Abdullah M. Al-Dhelaan
Director Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs) Auburn, Washington (USA)
Associate Professor LIASD Research Lab., Department of Computer Science University of Paris 8, Saint-Denis cedex, France
Information Technology & Cybersecurity (ITC) Missouri State University, Glass Hall 387, Springfield - United States
Assistant Professor and Software Engineer Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (URJC), Madrid, Spain
Ministry of Climate Change, Islamabad, Pakistan
Adjunct Research Fellow Curtin Business School (CBS), Curtin University Perth, Australia
Associate Professor Dipart. di Scienze e Tecnologie per l’Ambiente ed il Territorio (STAT), Lab. di Ecologia e Geomatica Forestale Universita` degli Studi del Molise, Italy
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Professor Operations Management Section Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
Professor School of Computing and Information Technology University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia
Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering Waseda University, Japan
- Ajith Abraham
Associate Professor University of Arad, Arad, Romania
Director & Professor in Computer Science University of Lyon, Lyon2, France
Professor Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science Feng Chia University, Taiwan, ROC
Associate Professor DIA Department, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Associate Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering University of Messina, Italy
Associate professor Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine
Associate Professor Center of Informatics, Federal University of Pernambuco Recife, Brazil
Senior Research Scientist ICT, SINTEF, Trondhiem, Norway
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Jamia Hamdard University New Delhi, India
Associate Professor Università degli Studi di Messina, Messina, Italy
Professor Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
School of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering Arizona State University Goldwater Center, Tempe, Arizona - United States
- Valentina Emilia Balas
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Kevin Leslie Dsilva
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Ananthi Anandhan
CiteScore Tracker 2022
This journal is included in the following abstract and indexing services:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- ISSN Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central Basic (Korea)
- ProQuest Central Essentials
- ProQuest Central Student
- Publicly Available Content Database (ProQuest)
- Summons (ProQuest)
Applied Computing and Informatics is an open access, peer-reviewed scholarly journal, focusing on the knowledge and use of IT applications. The journal serves a forum for both applied and theoretical understanding and encourages submissions from both within and beyond academia.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Applied Computing and Informatics (ACI) aims to be timely in disseminating leading-edge knowledge to researchers, practitioners and academics whose interest is in the latest developments in applied computing and information systems concepts, strategies, practices, tools and technologies.
In particular, the journal encourages research studies that have significant contributions to make to the continuous development and improvement of IT practices in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries. By doing so, the journal attempts to bridge the gap between the academic and industrial community, and therefore, welcomes theoretically grounded, methodologically sound research studies that address various IT-related problems and innovations of an applied nature.
The journal will serve as a forum for practitioners, researchers, managers and IT policymakers to share their knowledge and experience in the design, development, implementation, management and evaluation of various IT applications.
Contributions may deal with, but are not limited to:
- Internet and E-Commerce Architecture, Infrastructure, Models, Deployment Strategies and Methodologies
- E-Business and E-Government Adoption
- Mobile Commerce and their Applications
- Applied Telecommunication Networks
- Software Engineering Approaches, Methodologies, Techniques, and Tools
- Applied Data Mining and Warehousing
- Information Strategic Planning and Recourse Management
- Applied Wireless Computing
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- IT Education
- Societal, Cultural, and Ethical Issues of IT
- Policy, Legal and Global Issues of IT
- Enterprise Database Technology
- IT Effectiveness and Performance Management
- Geographical Information Systems
- IT Investment and Project Management
- Knowledge Management and IT Transfer
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Information and Internet Security
- Applied Aspects of Arabization
- Agent Technologies and their Applications
- IT and Organizational Change Management
- Business Process, Modeling, Analysis, Re-engineering, and Management
- Health Informatics
- Neural Networks Applications
- Emerging Technologies
- Net-Centric Applied Computing
- Applied Intelligent Systems
- Quality and Performance Management Systems
- IT Adoption in Public and Private Sectors
- IT Outsourcing and Application Service Provider
- Electronic Customer Relationship Management
- Human and Educational Information Systems
- National Information Plans and Policies
- Interdisciplinary Issues
The articles submitted for publication in ACI need to be a coherent and fluent expression of the findings of authors’ research or review, as the case may be. The papers published in ACI are clearly focused towards the IT-related aspects of applied research or review. Repetition needs to be avoided and citations should be used rather than to describe the earlier published findings. The introduction concisely introduces the background and takes stock of recent research published in quality journals. Focus remains on discussion enriched by quality citations. The conclusion is merely a take-home message for the reader rather than a repetition of the results. The papers by non-native English-speaking authors should be language edited by professional language editors, as appropriate.
All articles are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence, so are made freely available at no charge to the author.
Emerald Publishing Services Partnership
Applied Computing and Informatics is published by Emerald Group Publishing on behalf of Saudi Computer Society, King Saud University, who owns the title. ACI is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by King Saud University. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
Previous issues of ACI can be found here:
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: May 2023)
Transparency statement for Applied Computing and Informatics
- Journal Ownership: Applied Computing and Informatics is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the King Saud University.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the King Saud University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Michael Burrows - [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the King Saud University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/appci under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the King Saud University.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the King Saud University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.