AABS/Emerald case competition
2021 Emerald/AABS case writing competition
Competition now closed
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote high-quality teaching case material, relevant for the realities of dynamic and emerging economies, as well as to endorse the impact of case teaching and promote the development of case-writing capabilities in the region.
We are delighted to announce the winners of the AABS case writing competition.
- Cape Union Mart: Digital transformation and customer experience during a crisis
Aldi Schoeman, Geoff Bick, Claire Barnardo – all authors at The University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business
- Origin Artisan Coffee: Growth challenges faced by a niche brand in South Africa
Petra Pavlovic, Mignon Reyneke, Sarah Boyd – all authors at The University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business
- Bean There: Coffee as a Vehicle for Change
Amanda Bowen, Richard Thomson and Katherine Hofmeyr – all authors at WITS Business School
Best case study proposal:
The authors of both proposals will participate in a series of mentoring support sessions from members of the EMCS team to help them develop their proposal into a fully developed teaching case and teaching notes.
- Checkers Sixty60 case proposal
Prof Martin Butler, Ms Tasneem Motala, Ms Adwoa Opoku-Nyarko and Mr Justin Siljeur – all authors at the university of Stellenbosch Business School
- Ukheshe: Pivoting a fintech enabler from B2C to B2B and internationalization strategy
Philasande Sokhela at the Johannesburg Business School