Emerald Open Research
We offer a fully open and flexible publishing solution to institutions, organisations and associations who want to increase the visibility of their research and support their authors on the open publishing journey.
All your research in one place
If you’re looking for a flexible publishing option for a collection of research, whether it be a research project, your institution’s research outputs or a conference, Emerald Open Research Collections has a solution for you.
Publishing your research as a dedicated, branded collection on Emerald Open Research, allows you to benefit from having all your outputs in one place. We use open and innovative processes that allow fast publication, ensuring your research gets into the hands of those who can make a change, quickly. With flexible options on the frequency and amount of research you want to publish as well as the ability to publish traditional and non-traditional formats, we have options to meet your needs.
Our publishing service also supports your authors pre- and post-publication through resources and online workshops designed to educate attendees on publishing processes, open practices, planning for impact, and the dissemination of research once published.
Create your collection of…
- Outputs from a conference in multiple formats including research articles, slides and posters
- Findings from a research project that spans multiple locations and regions
- Research conducted at your institution or school
- Policy briefs and policy documents to help inform societal change
- Thematic research in a new or developing area.
How you will benefit
All your research in one place
A collection allows your research outputs to be published in one place, making it easier for your audiences to find and use. Tracking and reporting on how your research is being used, viewed, and influencing policy makers is contained within one report.
Increase the visibility of your research
Research published within a collection is immediately made available for anyone to read, download, and share. Having a themed collection aligned to the research outputs of the project would increase the discoverability of your research papers, case studies, data notes etc as all findings can be easily accessed at the same time.
Permanent and trackable research
All research is published with a digital object identifier (DOI) allowing it to be cited, tracked, and indexed across systems such as Google Scholar and Altmetrics. You’ll be able to gain insight on who is using your research and the reach it’s had.
Publish crucial findings rapidly
Once research has passed initial pre-publication checks it can be published on the platform within days. This allows crucial findings to be shared more widely and impact society at a much faster pace.
Using the Emerald Open Research platform, you and your authors will benefit from a truly open publishing experience with global reach.
- You'll have a dedicated branded collection that showcases your research in one place and benefits from the global audience and discoverability of Emerald Open Research
- A fully open publishing experience with open peer review and an open data policy that allows participation from the wider community
- Post-publication peer review enables research to be published without delay
- Article will be indexed in Google Scholar when they have passed the peer review
- A wide range of research outputs can be published, from articles to case studies, data notes and posters.
We know that the publication of your research is only part of the journey towards creating real world change. Therefore, our publishing service also offers you and your authors additional support.
- Online workshops designed to educate attendees on the publishing process, open practices, the promotion of research and planning for impact
- Marketing support to raise the profile of your collection, target specific audiences and disseminate globally
- A support team with a shared purpose to influence thinking, change policies, and positively make a difference
- Tracking reports to show the reach and attention your research has received.
Would you like to publish a collection with us?
Please fill in the form opposite and one of our team will be in touch to discuss how we can become partners!