Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development
The Journal of Small Business & Enterprise Development is a major international research journal dedicated to the formulation, development, implementation and evaluation of enterprise policy.
The objectives of this journal are as follows:
- On an international basis, to provide a bridge between theory and practice of small business and enterprise development.
- To disseminate the results and findings of high quality research and best practice.
- To assist and inform those responsible for the management of SMEs.
- To guide the formulation, development, implementation and evaluation of enterprise policy.
Theoretical research articles and evidence-based case studies seek to explore best practice, investigate strategies for growth, and to assist and inform those responsible for the management of SMEs. Papers accepted for publication are double-blind refereed to ensure academic integrity.
Contributors are encouraged to identify issues and questions raised by their work and to develop the practical and research implications for those involved in the field of small business and enterprise development.
- Research in SMEs, entrepreneurship and family-run businesses
- Case studies on real-life small business experiences
- Small Business growth and successful enterprises
- Practical advice from small business advisors
- Recruitment, training and development for SMEs
- Performance measurement and business improvement
- Government initiatives and enterprise policy
- SME financing and venture capital.
By encouraging debate on the key issues facing SMEs, the journal offers detailed analysis and critical assessment of current best practice, discusses the implications of latest research findings and explores opportunities to break down the barriers that restrict the growth of SMEs.
Aims to enhance performance of enterprises and small businesses through detailed investigation and empirical analysis of the latest advances in entrepreneurship and SMEs.
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- Jeff Vanevenhoven
- Bin Walters
Editorial Advisory Board
University of Pittsburgh
University of Plymouth Colleges
Rider University, Lawrenceville
Bentley College, Waltham, MA
McGill University, Montreal
Vienna University of Economics & Business
University of Surrey
Professor Emeritus, Open University
The British University in Egypt
Temple University, Philadelphia
Massey University, Wellington
University of Huddersfield
University of Ulster, UK
Josip Juraj Strassayer University
Turku School of Economics and Business Administration
De Montfort University and Monder Ram-Aston University
Mudra Institute Of Communications
Small Business Research Centre, Kingston University Business School
The George Washington University, Washington
University of Cambridge
University of Westminister, London
University of Sussex
Leeds Beckett University
Erasmus University Rotterdam
University of Durham
- Abdullah Al-Owaihan
Emerald Management Reviews
Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
CiteScore Tracker 2020