You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences is an academic, peer-reviewed, open access journal focused on the applications of humanities and social science theories and methodologies. Published by Emerald on behalf of Cairo University.
The Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences focuses on the applications of humanities and social science theories and methodologies in topics related to the livelihood and welfare of humans. In particular, it examines how humanities and social sciences can be applied to help create positive changes and improvements in the well-being of consumers, employees, collectives, and society.
The journal welcomes all approaches (empirical, analytical, or conceptual) that create or extend theory as well as qualitative methods (e.g. case studies) are welcome.
JHASS covers, but is not limited to:
Business and Management
Operations Research, Decision Sciences
Geography Planning and Development
Tourism & Hospitality
Communication and media studies
Political science and international relations
The journal is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Cairo University, who owns the title. The journal is published under a Platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by Cairo University. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
Cairo University professor of philosophy of religion and contemporary philosophy, Department of Philosophy at Faculty of Arts President of Cairo University
- Mohamed Othman Elkhosht Ph.D.
University Of Iowa, USA
Cairo University, Egypt
University of Tunis
- Said Almasry
- Chris Tutill
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Shalaka Dattatraya Surve
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Aaditya Vichare
Cairo University, Egypt
Ohio State University, USA
University of Piraeus, Greece
University Lyon II, Lyon, France
Portsmouth University, UK
Institute Pasteur, France
University of Marburg, Centre for Near and Middle East Studies, Germany
Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, UK
Rowan University, USA
University of the Aegean, Rhodes, Greece
University of Piraeus, Greece
University of Denver, USA
University of Kent, UK
- Magdy Abdelkader
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Journal Ownership: The Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Cairo University, Egypt.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by Cairo University, Egypt. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Shelley Allen: Head of Open Access Publishing – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Cairo University, Egypt. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes two issues per year from 2019 onwards.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/jhass under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Cairo University, Egypt.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by Cairo University, Egypt unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 07 June 2018.