You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences is an academic, peer-reviewed, open access journal focused on the applications of humanities and social science theories and methodologies. Published by Emerald on behalf of Cairo University.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Aims and scope
The Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences: Emerging Markets Perspectives (JHASS) is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open-access journal.
The journal focuses on understanding human and community behaviour from a socio-cultural, economic, environmental, technological, geopolitical, and spiritual perspective. The journal encourages research informed by different disciplinary perspectives and methods, which are brought together to address societal matters.
JHASS concentrates on research from emerging markets, such as the Middle East, North Africa and sub-Sahara regions. The journal hopes to amalgamate research on emerging markets in order to compare and consolidate research from around the world with the vision of sharing insight and expertise across the globe. As such, interdisciplinary studies are encouraged and JHASS and welcomes all approaches (empirical, analytical, or conceptual) that create or extend theory and practice.
Researchers from developed markets are very welcome to contribute to JHASS where their papers have relevance for emerging markets. The Editorial team are also keen to accommodate theoretical papers which advance to fields of Humanities and Social Sciences themselves.
Keywords and topics include:
Anthropology, Consumer behaviour, Cultural studies, Geopolitical relationships, Gender, Ethnicity, and Diversity, Literature and languages, Organizational studies, Technology and human behaviour.
The main ANZSRC Fields of Research (FOR) Codes associated with JHASS are:
35 Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
44 Human Society
3507 Strategy, Management and Organisational Behaviour
46 Information and Computer Sciences
47 Language, Communication and Culture
4408 Political Science
JHASS research closely aligns to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
3 Good Health and Well Being
4 Quality Education
8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
To keep up to date with JHASS, don’t forget to sign up to Table of Content alerts here: https://www.emerald.com/insight/publication/issn/2632-279X
Emerald Publishing publishes the journal on behalf of Cairo University, which owns the title. The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that Cairo University funds all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences
- Journal Ownership: Journal of Humanities and Applied Social Sciences is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Cairo University (Egypt).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Cairo University (Egypt). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Michael Burrows - [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Cairo University (Egypt). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes two issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/jhass under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Cairo University (Egypt).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Cairo University (Egypt) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Chris Tutill (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.