The recent pandemic has more than ever highlighted the need for efficient and effective health care supply chains. In addition, the demographics of many countries point to more demand for health care as people grow older and are in higher risk of needing various kinds of health care.
International Journal of Logistics Management has collected a list of recent publications on health care logistics. You can read these articles individually with free access until the 17th March 2023. However, if you would like to obtain a full overview of the research front of health care logistics and supply chains, we suggest you start with article no. 1 and continue according to the sequence of the article list below:
- Service modularity in managing healthcare logistics by Timo Pohjosenperä, Päivi Kekkonen, Saara Pekkarinen and Jari Juga.
- A green supply chain taxonomy in healthcare: critical factors for a proactive approach by Omar Bentahar, Smaïl Benzidia and Michael Bourlakis.
- Green service production and environmental performance in healthcare emergencies: role of big-data management and green HRM practices by Pradeep Kumar and Shibashish Chakraborty.
- Resilience development and digitalization of the healthcare supply chain: an exploratory study in emerging economies by Guilherme Tortorella, Anupama Prashar, Daniel Samson, Sherah Kurnia, Flavio S. Fogliatto, Daniel Capurro and Jiju Antony.
- Development of sustainable and resilient healthcare and non-cold pharmaceutical distribution supply chain for COVID-19 pandemic: a case study by Omid Abdolazimi, Mitra Salehi Esfandarani, Maryam Salehi, Davood Shishebori and Majid Shakhsi-Niaei.
- Classifying healthcare warehouses according to their performance. A Cluster Analysis-based approach by Anna Corinna Cagliano, Giulio Mangano,
Carlo Rafele and Sabrina Grimaldi.
- Enhancing healthcare supply chain resilience: decision-making in a fuzzy environment by Obaid ur Rehman and Yousaf Ali.
- A network flow-based model for operations planning in home health care delivery by Fabián Castaño and Nubia Velasco.