Customer Satisfaction and Customer Delight: A Virtual Special Issue
Welcome to the first virtual special issue (VSI) of the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (IJCHM) in 2020!
This VSI compiles 25 strong and impactful articles on customer satisfaction and delight that have been previously published in IJCHM. The articles included in this VSI can help researchers working in this area, instructors teaching courses related to customer satisfaction and delight, as well as industry practitioners. Should you enjoy perusing the articles within this VSI, we would greatly encourage you to share it with other scholars, colleagues, students and industry partners. This year, we plan to publish a new VSI on a specific topic bimonthly. We welcome your thoughts and recommendations, and also any suggestions of new articles published in IJCHM to add to this list on customer satisfaction and delight.
Dr. Fevzi Okumus
Editor-in-Chief of IJCHM
Customer Satisfaction and Customer Delight
1. The relationship between customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. John T. Bowen, Shiang‐Lih Chen.
2. Customer loyalty in the hotel industry: the role of customer satisfaction and image. Jay Kandampully, Dwi Suhartanto.
3. Customer satisfaction and its measurement in hospitality enterprises. Abraham Pizam, Taylor Ellis.
5. Role of shopping quality, hedonic/utilitarian shopping experiences, trust, satisfaction and perceived barriers in triggering customer post-purchase intentions at airports. Heesup Han, Myong Jae Lee, Wansoo Kim.
7. The evolution of the customer delight construct: Prior research, current measurement, and directions for future research. Edwin N. Torres. Giulio Ronzoni.
8. Integrating service quality as a second-order factor in a customer satisfaction and loyalty model. Robin Nunkoo, Viraiyan Teeroovengadum, Peta Thomas, Llewellyn Leonard.
9. The impact of green experience on customer satisfaction: evidence from TripAdvisor. Yixiu Yu, Xu Li, Tun-Min (Catherine) Jai
10. How satisfying are Shanghai’s superior hotels? The views of international tourists. Mao-Ying Wu, Philip Pearce, Wang Dong.
11. Social media review rating versus traditional customer satisfaction. Woo Gon Kim, Seo Ah Park.
12. Customer satisfaction, service quality, and customer value: years 2000-2015. Haemoon Oh, Kawon Kim.
13. Customer satisfaction and its measurement in hospitality enterprises: a revisit and update. Abraham Pizam, Valeriya Shapoval, Taylor Ellis.
14. Systematic review of the elements and service standards of delightful service. Jen Chun Wang, Yi-Chieh Wang, Yang-Fei Tai.
15. Examining the effects of vacation ownership product attributes on customer satisfaction. Amy M Gregory, H.G. Parsa, Khaldoon Nusair, David J Kwun, Sanjay Putrevu.
16. Transitioning loyalty programs. John T Bowen, Shiang-Lih Chen McCain.
17. The influence of leader empowering behaviors and employee psychological empowerment on customer satisfaction. Karthik Namasivayam, Priyanko Guchait, Puiwa Lei.
18. Regional effects on customer satisfaction with restaurants. Zhang Ziqiong, Zhang Zili, Law Rob.
19. From customer satisfaction to customer delight. N. Torres Edwin, Kline Sheryl.
20. “Green” attributes and customer satisfaction. Lisa Slevitch, Kimberly Mathe, Elena Karpova, Sheila Scott‐Halsell.
21. The influence of the quality of the physical environment, food, and service on restaurant image, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intentions. Kisang Ryu, Hye‐Rin Lee, Woo Gon Kim.
22. Service climate, employee commitment and customer satisfaction. Yuanqiong He, Wenli Li, Kin Keung Lai.
23. Do Chinese cultural values affect customer satisfaction/loyalty? Rui Jin Hoare, Ken Butcher.
24. Customer satisfaction and waiting staff. J.D. Pratten.
25. Multisensory experience for enhancing hotel guest experience: Empirical evidence from big data analytics. Minwoo Lee, Seonjeong (Ally) Lee, Yoon Koh.