Publishing with English Teaching: Practice & Critique
Why publish with English Teaching: Practice & Critique?
English Teaching: Practice & Critique (ETPC) promotes research and theory related to English literacy that is grounded in a range of contexts: classrooms, schools and wider educational constituencies. The journal has as its main focus English teaching in L1 settings.
Submissions focused on English as a Foreign Language (EFL) will be considered only if they have clear pertinence to English literacy in L1 (first language) settings. It provides a place where authors from a range of backgrounds can identify matters of common concern and thereby foster broad professional communities and networks. We encourage comparative approaches to topics and issues.
Useful facts and figures
- Every year ETPC publishes 30 articles authored by experts from practice and academia around the world
- The journal enjoyed over 10,000 downloads in 2019 from across the globe
- ETPC is ranked in Clarivate’s ‘Social Science Citation Index’ (2019 impact factor 0.648) and Scopus (2019 Citescore 0.90).
- Articles published in the journal have gained a lot of attention across social media platforms and news sites with many papers being in the top 25% of all outputs scored by Altmetrics (Source: Altmetric)
- Acceptance rate 2020: 34%
What types of articles does ETPC publish?
ETPC publishes a wide range of article types including:
- Research papers
- Conceptual papers
- Case studies
Articles are typically between 6,000 and 7,000 words in length.
What can you expect as an Emerald author?
We make the following promises to our community of over 130,000 practitioner and academic authors:
- 3 months' access to all Emerald journals with max 40 downloads
- Provision of author proofs prior to publication in print and online
- Fast dissemination of your work: EarlyCite, our online, pre-publication service enables customers to access and cite journal articles prior to official publication
- To host and promote a video abstract of your work if you provide us with one
- To make sure that your work has all the necessary metadata so that it can be easily discovered by all relevant search engines, including Google Scholar
- To protect the scholarly integrity of your work by assuring that the definitive and citable version is permanently accessible: we work with organizations such as LOCKSS and Portico, use CrossRef's DOI system, and deposit your work, as required, in any national archive deriving from the Legal Deposit Libraries Act 2003
- A huge range of services and resources to help your academic and professional development and help you increase dissemination of your work
- An efficient and transparent submission system: ScholarOne Manuscripts™ allowing you to track your journal paper through the peer-review process
- To allow easy, accurate citation of your work: anyone can import our articles straight into EndNote and Reference Manager, and the RefWorks online service
- Prompt notification of publication details: we will confirm online publication of your article within five working days
- Updates from us regarding key changes to the availability, downloads or citations of your work
- Updates on innovations and developments both at Emerald and throughout the publishing world that affect how your work can be disseminated
Find out more about the article publishing process and support available to you.
Publish with us!
Visit the journal homepage for more information on how to submit your research to ETPC and to read the author guidelines.