You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Central European Management Journal is an academic, peer-reviewed journal covering all aspects of management in both public and private sector institutions. The journal is published by Emerald on behalf of Kozminski University.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Central European Management Journal (CEMJ) publishes peer-reviewed research that focuses on all aspects of management, covering all from the nature of management itself to the impact management has within organisations. Articles may be interdisciplinary, as authors may base their studies of management within fields such as economics, law, psychology, literature, and sociology. CEMJ aims to, through its published research, facilitate a better understanding of both the essence of management and of research cooperation within the academic community, to thus have a positive influence on the world of management sciences.
The journal welcomes international submissions management that are theoretical and/or empirical in nature. The title covers but is not limited to the following areas of management:
- Human resource management
- Theory of organisation
- Psychology of management
- Gender in management and entrepreneurship
- Strategic management
- Corporate order
- Managerial economy
IMPORTANT: It has been brought to our attention that the following website is posing as CEMJ: http://journals.kozminski.cem-j.org/index.php/pl_cemj/index. Please do not submit any articles to this website. As of 2023, CEMJ is published by Emerald and, as such, this is the genuine website for the journal.
All articles published in CEMJ are published Open Access under a CCBY 4.0 licence.
The journal is published by Emerald on behalf of Kozminski University. The journal is owned by Kozminski University and is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by Kozminski University. There is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: January 2024)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: January 2024)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: January 2024)
This journal is aligned with our responsible management goal
We aim to champion researchers, practitioners, policymakers and organisations who share our goals of contributing to a more ethical, responsible and sustainable way of working.
Transparency statement for Central European Management Journal
- Journal Ownership: Central European Management Journal is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Kozminski University.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by Kozminski University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
Valerie Robillard: Publishing Services Lead – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Kozminski University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes four issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - https://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/cemj under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Kozminski University.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by Kozminski University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Beth Murray (Emerald Publishing) on 6 January 2023.