You can publish an open access article in this journal
Applied Economic Analysis is a peer-reviewed journal on global economic issues and the principles of economic analysis, with a particular focus on quantitative studies. AEA is published in association with the Spanish Asociación Libre de Economía (ALdE).
Applied Economic Analysis aims to provide a vehicle for the dissemination of research aimed at enhancing our understanding of the real world by applying the principles of economic analysis. The journal takes an integrative approach, while tackling a wide range of topics, all with the ultimate aim of providing the academic community with a series of scientific contributions that shed light on relevant economic issues. Quantitative studies grounded on mathematics and statistics methods helping to bring economic theory closer to the real world are particularly appreciated.
The journal was founded in 1993 as Revista de Economía Aplicada (REA) by a group of more than a hundred researchers from nearly forty universities, and since then, it has published over 500 scientifically-rigorous research papers. The journal joined the category of Economics of the Social Science Citation Index in the middle of the 2000's, and was assigned its first impact factor in 2008.
All articles published in AEA are published Open Access under a CCBY 4.0 licence.
Applied Economic Analysis is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Spanish Asociación Libre de Economía (ALdE). (https://alde.es/)
The journal is owned by the Asociación Libre de Economía. The title is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by the Asociación Libre de Economía. There is no charge to the author.
You can view the journal's tranparency statement here. (http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/services/publishing/aea/pdf/trans…)
Since 2019 AEA has been published in partnership with Emerald. Previous issues can be found here.
Department of Quantitative Methods, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Murcia - Spain
Department of Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zaragoza - Spain
Department of Applied Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zaragoza - Spain
Department of Applied Economics II, Faculty of Economics, University of Valencia - Spain
- Máximo Camacho
- Doug Medland
- Jessica Beedle
University of Cardiff - United Kingdom
University of Zaragoza - Spain
University of Alcalá - Spain
CUNEF - Spain
University of Alicante - Spain
University of Barcelona - Spain
University of Vienna - Austria
University of Valencia - Spain
University of Barcelona - Spain
Bank of Spain - Spain
María de los Ángeles
University of Oviedo - Spain
University of Bath - United Kingdom
University of Adelaide - Australia
Renmin University of China - China
University of Santiago de Compostela - Spain
University of Newfoundland - Canada
University of Goettingen - Germany
UNED - Spain
University of Deusto - Spain
Boston University - USA
University of Trento - Italy
Complutense University of Madrid - Spain
Universitat Rovira i Virgili - Spain
University Jaime I - Spain
University Autónoma of Madrid - Spain
University of Castilla la Mancha, Spain
- Michael Arghyrou
This journal is abstracted and indexed by:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- ISSN Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- Summons (ProQuest)
2019 Impact Factor
- Journal Ownership: Applied Economic Analysis is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Spanish ‘Asociación Libre de Economía’ (ALdE).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Spanish ‘Asociación Libre de Economía’ (ALdE). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal page. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Valerie Robillard: Senior Publisher – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Spanish ‘Asociación Libre de Economía’ (ALdE). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/aea under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Spanish ‘Asociación Libre de Economía’ (ALdE).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Spanish ‘Asociación Libre de Economía’ (ALdE) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 26 June 2019.