The IRel & Emerald
open access partnership
IReL and Emerald Publishing have an agreement that enables members to access all Emerald journals and publish their work openly with prepaid publishing vouchers.
Why publish open access?
As a member of IReL, you’re being supported to publish your research openly to enable anyone, anywhere to access your work.
Publishing open access allows you to:
Two routes to publication
You can use your voucher to publish openly in any Emerald journal, we have over 300 to choose from in the following areas:
Or you can publish on Emerald Open Research, an open research platform that supports easy, rapid and transparent publishing.
Speed – research is published rapidly allowing dissemination of research to happen more quickly
Author led - authors select their own reviewers and control the open peer review process
Open peer review – reviewer names and reports are published alongside the article allowing for
Open data policy – enables others to build on your research right away
How do I publish?
If you are publishing on Emerald Open Research, please submit your work through the platform where your eligibility for a voucher will be automatically recognised.
If you're publishing in a journal, simply submit your article through ScholarOne and we’ll automatically apply this at the point of acceptance.
- Select the journal you wish to publish your work in and visit the journal homepage. Click 'Submit your paper' to be taken to ScholarOne where you will upload your submission.
- Once you have uploaded your submission documents, you will be asked if you want to publish your article as open access. Select the ‘Yes, I want to publish my article open access’ option
- Your article now enters the peer-review process. If your article is accepted, you will receive an email with your CCBY licence.
- You will need to complete and sign the CCBY licence and return by email to the Emerald contact.
Your article will be published open access via Emerald Insight.
Explore eJounals on Emerald Insight
Search and browse the journal content you need on Emerald’s dedicated platform. Boasting a portfolio of over 350 journals, Emerald Insight is home to more than 255,000 current and backfile articles across the fields of business, management, economics, engineering, computing, technology and social science. Discover the research you need through search and browse or use the quick and advanced search function.
Watch the video to find how to filter and navigate through your search results to find the content you need quickly.
Don’t forget to set up a profile to personalise the research you want to see, set up content alerts and save searches.
- Dublin City University
- National University of Ireland Galway
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- TU Dublin
- Higher Education Authority
- Science Foundation Ireland