The following information only applies to users who did not have a profile on our old emeraldinsight.com platform.
If you had a profile on emeraldinsight.com, you can reactivate this by using the ‘Forgot Your Password’ link from the ‘Login’ option on the new site. This will allow you to set a password and login to emerald.com/insight.
Please note that any Saved Searches from the old platform have not been migrated due to the differences in the search functionality and configuration between the platforms.
To create a new profile on emerald.com/insight
- From the Homepage select ‘Register’.
- Enter your name, email address and Organisation Access Number (if relevant, see below for more information on OANs).
- Click the ‘Login’ link to set and confirm your password.
- Click ‘Continue’ to be taken to the Homepage and logged in.
Set up table of contents alerts
Use your profile to keep up to date with the latest journals and book series content in your subject area without having to search or browse.
- On the table of contents page for your selected journal or book series, you will have the option to create an alert.
- When a new journal issue or book series issue is published, you will receive an email with the table of contents. Alerts are sent weekly, but you will only receive an alert when content is published for your selected title(s).
- Review and manage your alert preferences – within your profile area, you can view a full list of journal and book series for which you have registered to receive alerts.
You can also choose to unsubscribe to one or more alerts, or use the unsubscribe link within the alert email.
Reactivate your profile
All registered profiles on the previous emeraldinsight.com platform have been migrated along with the alert preferences that were previously selected.
If you have not activated your profile on the new site, please go to emerald.com/login and select the ‘Forgot your password’ option to set a new password and reactivate your profile.
About Organisation Access Numbers (OANs)
An OAN is an access code provided by your librarian or organisation administrator. The code links your personal account to your institution or organisation so that you can access their Emerald resources off-campus or from home.
In most cases, off-campus access will be automatically set up by your institution (for example, via Shibboleth, Open Athens or CASA) but if this cannot be arranged you will need an OAN to access the resources. This will be provided by your library administrator.
How to add an OAN to your profile
There are two ways to do this:
- When you register for a profile - use steps 1-5 above
- If you already have a profile on emerald.com/insight, follow the steps below:
If you are having trouble accessing content on insight please contact your library administrator.
Find out about access and authentication, download user guides and usage reports or explore resources for discovery.
Promote your resources
Find material to help you promote your Emerald resources within your library or learning centre.
Library administrator resources
Discover how the Account Management Portal can be used to view all account information in one place. You will also find a quick six-step guide for getting your resources up and running.