Find out more about how we work to promote publishing industry standards across our activities.
We closely monitor community feedback and work in partnership with industry bodies to promote publishing industry standards. Some of the steps we have taken include:
- Using Crossref and DOIs (digital object identifiers) to provide reference linking services
- Introducing OpenAthens software so users can authenticate subscription access to our databases
- Following OpenURL industry standards
- Complying with COUNTER 5 requirements
- Ensuring databases are compatible with reference management software such as EndNote and RefWorks
- Supporting the principles of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics)
- Supplying book industry-standard metadata by ONIX (V2.1 and V3.0)
- Active membership of organisations like BIC (Book Industry Communication) and IPG (Independent Publishers’ Guild)
And, we ensure compliance with...
- Innovative Interface
- Ingenta Connect
- CSA (LISA)
- The ERIC Project
- Getinfo TIB
- INSPEC (IEE)
- InformIndia – J Gate Database
We welcome all developments designed to support librarians in their mission to serve the needs of their users. If there is a library system you’d like to see added to the list above, please get in touch.
We follow a group of policies and guidance statements to ensure that our company operates in a way that meets, or exceeds, the requirements of our customers and meets all legal requirements.
We work with industry partners to make it easy for authors, readers and librarians to access our content through discovery platforms.
As a publisher in scholarly research, higher education and professional development, we are committed to the preservation of scholarly content for generations to come. Find out how we do this.