Sociology of Crime, Law and Deviance
Editor: Professor Mathieu Deflem
Subject: Sociology and Public Policy (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Also available in our: Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
Sociology of Crime, Law and Deviance (SCLD) publishes scholarly work in the areas of the sociology of deviance, criminology and criminal justice, and sociology of law.
The series is not confined in terms of the theoretical perspectives, methodological orientations, and research topics that are addressed. Each annual volume is organized around a specific theme and includes a variety of chapters by authors showcasing their recent work.
Prior volumes in the series have addressed a variety of issues, ranging from the organisation of the legal professions to ethnographies of law, the criminology of terrorism, surveillance, and restorative justice. Prospective volume editors are welcome to contact the series editor to discuss ideas for future volumes.
For details about Emerald's approach to Publication Ethics; please refer to the company guidelines.
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates. Follow us on Twitter: Follow @EmeraldSoc
This book series is abstracted and indexed by:
Criminal Justice Abstracts, Publishing Options from the American Sociological Association, Scopus, SocINDEX, and Sociological Abstracts
Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today, Volume 20
This volume contains chapters dealing with a variety of issues related to terrorism and counterterrorism and the study thereof, especially in relation to crime, criminal justice, law, and social control. The topics include, amongst others, lone-wolf terrorism, the policing of terrorism, radicalization, suicide terrorism, torture, and counterterrorism policies. This collection will be useful to students and scholars in sociology, criminology, law, political science, and public policy.
This volume deals with aspects of punishment, including sentencing, incarceration, and prison conditions, in a variety of settings at local, national, and/or regional levels.
Music and Law, Volume 18
'This edited volume provides an excellent insight into the diverse subject area and various intersections of music and law. Here, the internationality and interdisciplinarity of authorship is particularly noteworthy and grants fascinating insights into the different local cultures and legal systems.An extensive review (in German) can be found here: http://criminologia.de/2014/06/rezension-music-and-law/ '
Christian Wickert, University of Hamburg, Institute for Criminological Research - IKS.
Disasters, Hazards and Law, Volume 17
Editorial contact details
Professor Mathieu Deflem,
University of South Carolina
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
This title is available as part of the Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection. If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase/subscription options please contact [email protected]dinsight.com.
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- The Politics of Policing: Between Force and Legitimacy, Volume 21
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Today, Volume 20
- Punishment and Incarceration: A Global Perspective, Volume 19
- Music and Law, Volume 18
- Disasters, Hazards and Law, Volume 17
- Economic Crisis and Crime, Volume 16
- Social Control: Informal, Legal and Medical, Volume 15
- Popular Culture, Crime and Social Control, Volume 14
- Immigration, Crime and Justice , Volume 13
- Access to Justice, Volume 12
- Restorative Justice: From Theory to Practice, Volume 11
- Surveillance and Governance, Volume 10
- Crime and Human Rights, Volume 9
- Police Occupational Culture: New Debates and Directions, Volume 8
- Sociological Theory and Criminological Research, Volume 7
- Ethnographies of Law and Social Control, Volume 6
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism, Volume 5
- Violent Acts and Violentization, Volume 4
- Legal Professions: Work Structure and Organization, Volume 3
- Sociology of Crime, Law and Deviance, Volume 2
- Sociology of Crime, Law and Deviance, Volume 1