Being a responsible business is at the heart of everything we do. We believe in taking responsibility and working collaboratively with our partners, communities and colleagues to make a positive impact on a local and global scale.
Committed to responsibility
We have a four-pillar approach, with each pillar aligning to a United Nations Sustainable Development Goal, to support the current global challenges.
Through our commitment to support these challenges, we are proactively:
- Partnering for positive change – supporting SDG 4 & 17
- We develop long-term partnerships to support social mobility, inclusivity and the growth and development of people.
- Our Charities of the Year are the National Literacy Trust, One in a Million Free School and the Social Enterprise Academy.
- Being a fair and transparent employer – supporting SDG 5 & 8
- Be a leading employer, modelling best practice for each location our offices are found.
- Supporting under-represented voices – supporting SDG 4 & 17
- We actively seek ways to support diversity and inclusion, building inclusive products and services and supporting local voices globally.
- Empowering People to become ‘work ready’– supporting SDG 8
- We aim to provide soft skills tools and resources to people who want to get back into the workplace.
We are proud to drive positive change. We aim to deliver real impact. We care about doing the right things to build a better, more sustainable future for all.
Emerald Charities of the Year
We are passionate about supporting charities, foundations and organisations that link to our core business purpose. In 2020, we are supporting three charities focused on developing education in low-income areas:
In 2019, we raised £20,000 for our Charities of the Year and dedicated over 1,100 hours to our communities through volunteering and fundraising initiatives.
We encourage colleagues to make a difference
We recognise that our colleagues' passion goes above and beyond the day job and we want to give them opportunities to get involved in ways they can create a bigger impact.
Whether it’s taking part in our volunteering programmes, charity work or just taking advantage of the many development and mentoring schemes here at Emerald, participation and involvement is always encouraged.
Each employee, regardless of location, has two volunteering days to use per annum on an activity of their choice – we also have an Emerald Volunteering Day!
The Emerald Foundation
The Emerald Foundation, the charitable arm of Emerald Group, was established in 2008 by the owner, Keith Howard OBE, who wished to support charities in West Yorkshire where the company was founded.
C-19 Business Pledge
Emerald strives to act responsibly throughout all our operations and policies and aims to work with local communities to support organizations and charities through this unprecedented time.