New publishing fund to help researchers rapidly share their findings related to COVID-19
24th June 2020
Due to high demand the (COVID-19) publishing fund has now been allocated. We’re still accepting submissions related to the outbreak and similar healthcare emergencies subject to the payment of an APC.
You can find out more about the collection and submitting your work on our Emerald open research platform.
Calling all social scientists! We’re funding the article processing charges (APCs) on research related to the societal impact of coronavirus.
We have launched a publishing fund of £20,000 to cover the APCs for research published on Emerald Open Research.
As the coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak continues to spread, we want to help you disseminate timely and relevant findings that will benefit all of society. As well as the need for medical and hard sciences, social sciences research is vital to the prevention, management and understanding of the wider societal impact of COVID 19.
We are calling all social scientists working in the following interdisciplinary research areas to get in touch as quickly as possible so we can help share your research findings:
- Workplace management and planning
- HR practices and employment procedures
- Government policies and procedures
- New technologies and innovations
- Health care systems, services and funding
- Mental health and wellbeing implications
- Education and learning accessibility
- Responsible leadership and management
- Hospitality and tourism
- Economic implications and planning procedures
- Supply chain management
What is required?
- Your research should be related to the prevention, management and impact of a public healthcare outbreak. Please see the research themes for guidance on areas for publication.
- All submitted research must meet our editorial policies and author guidelines.
- The platform supports an open data policy. All articles should include the submission of data underlying the results. More details on the open data policy can be found on the website.
- All content will be openly peer reviewed post publication.
How to submit
- Submit your research at Emerald Open Research.
- Once your research has been through the in-house editorial checks, you will be asked to suggest expert reviewers.
- Your research will be published online for everyone to read, access and download!
- We will cover the cost of the APC (article processing charge).
About Emerald Open Research
Emerald Open Research is an open access publishing platform that allows research aligned to the UN Sustainable Development goals to reach a global audience without delay. The platform publishes a range of research outputs, from original research articles to case studies and data notes.
All published research will have an open peer review, an open data policy and be freely available to read, download and reuse. Emerald Open Research benefits researchers, policy makers and most importantly society. By speeding up the availability and dissemination of research, the platform enables others to build upon new ideas right away, wherever and whoever they are.
The platform has six gateways all of which are aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Emerald Publishing pledges support to The Open Scholarship Initiative’s Plan A, committed to reforming the future of scholarly communication Emerald…
23rd April 2020
The rise of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) was seen at the beginning as an opportunity for freedom of information, and to level up…
15th April 2020
In this blog post, Robert F. Terry, Manager of Research Policy at TDR and Phaikyeong Cheah, Co-ordinator of the Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine…
18th October 2019
As the editor of our first flipped open access journal International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management (IJCCSM) we wanted to hear…
17th October 2019
As an author of our open access journal International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management (IJCCSM) we wanted to hear what Huynh…
17th October 2019
The Early Career Researchers Advisory Board for Wellcome Open Research represent the needs and aspirations of early career researchers, making sure…
17th October 2019
We have selected a number of relevant articles matching themes of discussion for this year's IASSIDD conference. Articles that are freely available…
15th July 2019
Emerald Publishing has announced today that its new Insight digital research platform has gone live, following a significant investment in technology…
8th July 2019
As one of the first authors to publish on Emerald Open Research we wanted to find out more about how Judith Irene Nagasha of Makerere University,…
12th June 2019
Bingley, United Kingdom, 6 February 2019 – Emerald Open Research – the first Open Research Publishing platform for impactful social sciences…
6th February 2019