COVID-19 update: a message from our CEO
8th January 2021
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Emerald Publishing Vicky Williams shares what we're doing at Emerald to keep our customers, colleagues and communities safe and supported as much as we can.
We're here to help
We are living in a difficult and uncertain time around the world, as we face the spread of COVID-19.
The physical and mental health and well-being of everyone is our top priority, as we aim to operate as normally as possible.
Although our physical offices may be closed for now, we are very much open. Now, more than ever, people need quick and easy online access to the information we publish on Emerald Insight and the opportunities to share their research.
We are a digital-first, open publisher and will continue to be available for you throughout this public health crisis.
What we are doing
- To help rapidly share crucial findings related to the pandemic we launched a publishing fund of £20,000 to cover the article processing charge on our open access platform Emerald Open Research. As a result of this, we’re delighted to now have a COVID 19 collection where all research published is openly available to read, download and reuse.
- We have partnered with ProQuest to offer unlimited access to Ebook Central Holdings.
- Emerald Insight is set up to support remote access for those not able to be on campus, with information on how to do this available on our Customer Support Portal.
- When we launched our new Emerald Insight platform last summer, we removed all limits on the number of simultaneous users who could have access. In addition, for the duration of this crisis, we will waive any photocopying limits, any restrictions that apply to campus locations, and cross-border interlibrary loan restrictions.
- Our sister learning company, Emerald Works, has created a free Covid-19 support pack to help maintain your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Now is a good time to join our librarian community so we can easily keep you up to date with new information and resources. Get in touch and we'll get you on board. Once a member, you can join in the discussion on Emerald Engage to share best practices and ask questions of other librarians and university staff around the world as we try to cope with this emergency.
- We have asked all of our colleagues around the world to work from home and are giving them the resources they need to do that. Our colleagues can quarantine if necessary without losing pay. We have stopped any travel. We offer flexible working and have forums to help colleagues stay in touch with each other, find information to stay healthy and combat potential loneliness. We’re monitoring the situation constantly and taking the best expert advice.
The answers to this crisis will come from the incredible power, dedication and resilience of the research and public health community and we are here to serve, support and champion you all.
With my very best wishes
CEO, Emerald Publishing