Leading with presence during Coronavirus times podcast
Coronavirus has had an enormous impact on how we work, and many of us are now working entirely online.
This week, we look at the importance of presence and authenticity in leadership, and how to convey these qualities when everyone is working remotely. Antonie Knoppers and Steffen R. Giessner are co-authors (together with Milly Obdeijn) of the new book, Leading with Presence: Fundamental Tools and Insights for Impactful, Engaging Leadership. They showcase theoretical and practical perspectives on issues in this context, including emotional intelligence, use of voice and expression and the power of storytelling through digital technologies.
Find out more about their leadership training >
Antonie Knoppers is a trainer, coach, facilitator, guest speaker and actor and teaches as an adjunct faculty member at the Rotterdam School of Management (Erasmus University). He works with a broad range of international and national corporations on leadership and personal development. You can find Antonie on Linkedin.
Steffen R Giessner is a Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Change at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM). His research is located at the intersection of psychology and management. You can find Steffen on LinkedIn.
- The importance of voice, expression and storytelling in business communication
- The role of authenticity and understanding that authenticity is in the eye of the beholder
- Pandemic challenges to leadership and communication
- Insights and techniques for conveying leadership and presence remotely
- Why presence is important for everyone, not just those not in leadership positions