Write for our Real Impact blog
12th August 2020
If you want to make a contribution to the Real Impact debate, we’d like to hear from you!
Our Real Impact blog helps to bridge the gap between academic research and its application in the real world and covers all elements of the real impact debate. We want to hear your views: What examples of research have made an impact in the real world? What are the challenges that academics and policymakers face? What should real-world impact really stand for?
We welcome contributions from academics, policymakers, and professionals interested in the impact that research can have on policy and practice.
Why you should write for the Real Impact blog
This is a great opportunity to publicise and share your work and thoughts on real-world impact. Unfortunately, we can’t provide a fee, but your blog will be hosted on a website that draws an average of 16,700 international visitors each day. It will also be promoted on our social media channels with a wide-reaching audience of over 20,000 users.
- Wordcount: We’re looking for around 500–700 words.
- Style: We publish opinion pieces, open letters, case studies, Q&As, or can host content in multimedia formats – such as infographics, videos, and animations. Anything that helps illustrate a debate or tell a story.
- Subject: We’re open and flexible on the topic or subject to write about, so long as it helps progress the debate around real impact. Sometimes we focus on a theme, but we still accept open submissions. Read some recent examples for inspiration.
- Tone of voice: Be yourself. Write in an engaging, conversational, and direct style, and allow your voice to shine through. Let’s work together to inspire a healthy debate!
- Turnaround time: We understand all academics and professionals have plenty of demands on their time! We’re happy to work with you to set a deadline and publication date that suits you.