Social Studies Research and Practice – Call for Submissions and Reviewers
Social Studies Research and Practice is currently welcoming submissions of quality research articles, research notes, literature reviews and review essays addressing research and practice of social studies.
Submissions from all social studies disciplines (P-16), as well as from interdisciplinary perspectives, are welcome, with each submission being rigorously refereed using a double-blind peer review process with reviewers from relevant disciplines.
The journal aims to:
- Provide forums for the online dissemination of research and practice in social studies (P-16)
- Disseminate ideas that enhance the practical aspects of social studies
- Further knowledge and understanding of powerful and innovative research and practice in social studies
- Foster debate about the implementation of meaningful social studies research
How to submit?
To submit your research, please visit the Scholar One manuscript portal.
To view the author guidelines for this journal, please visit the journal's page.
Become an SSRP Reviewer!
As part of its ongoing development, the Social Studies Research and Practice journal is currently looking to expand its network of specialised reviewers. The journal is seeking reviewers who can provide constructive analysis of papers on the following topics (NB: this list is not exhaustive):
- Online dissemination of research and practice in social studies (P-16)
- The practical aspects of social studies
- The understanding of powerful and innovative research and practice in social studies
- The implementation of meaningful social studies research
The role is unpaid but appointment can be cited on your CV and the material you will be asked to review should be close to your own specialism. The journal is managed through ScholarOne’s Manuscripts system so familiarity with this system would be advantageous, though is by no means essential. Reviewers would normally be asked to review approx. two papers a year.
For additional information on SSRP’s editorial remit please visit the journal's page.
Why become a reviewer for SSRP?
- As a reviewer you will be granted free personal access to up 40 Emerald journal articles for a three-month period following the submission of your review.
- You're able to interact with the cutting-edge research in your area, before it has even been published.
- You will be eligible for an Emerald Literati Award of Excellence for Outstanding Reviewer.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please contact the editor, Cynthia Szymanski Sunal ([email protected]), providing information about your research interests and specialisms.