Promoting the welfare, protection and care of children during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic
Call for papers for: Journal of Children's Services
Professor Emily R. Munro
University of Bedfordshire
This special issue of the Journal of Children’s Services will bring together policy makers, professionals, service users and academics’ critical reflections on:
- how the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic is affecting children and families locally, nationally and internationally
- the needs, circumstances and experiences of vulnerable children and young people
- how children’s social care professionals and others with safeguarding responsibilities are responding to promote the welfare, protection and care of children in these challenging circumstances.
We welcome the submission of Viewpoint papers (1,500-3,000 words), drawing on authors’ expert opinions and interpretations, to contribute to understanding the emerging issues and to support social workers and allied professionals to implement effective service responses.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to):
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in need
- the impacts of ‘lockdown’ on abuse and neglect
- educational provision for vulnerable children
- health and wellbeing of looked after children and care leavers
- adoption and fostering
- child exploitation
- online harms.
On publication, articles and the issue will be available in free access for a period of at least three months.
Deadline and Submission Details
The final submission deadline for all papers is 20 July 2020, although earlier submissions are welcomed and will be processed at the point of submission.
The publication date of this special issue is December 2020
However, all papers will publish on the Journal’s EarlyCite system within one month of acceptance.
To submit your Viewpoint piece, please visit: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jnlcs
NB Please select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue at the appropriate step in the submission process, in response to “Please select the issue you are submitting to”
To view the author guidelines for this journal, please visit: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/jcs#author-guidelines