The Journal of Asia Business Studies (JABS) is a scholarly journal that focuses on country-specific as well as comparative research on Asian business and management issues. JABS emphasizes research on strategic and operational issues faced by Asian companies operating within and beyond Asia as well as international companies operating in Asia.
About the Role
The Editorial Assistant will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Providing administrative assistance to the journal’s editorial team as well as supporting the Editorial Board
- Assisting the editorial team with managing manuscript peer review within a reasonable timeframe, using an online submission system
- Answering author queries
- Promoting the journal at conferences and through your own networks
- Contributing in other ways to the development of the journal.
The ideal candidate will be expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree, or be a PhD candidate, in an appropriate discipline
- Have knowledge of the peer review process
- Be able to provide impartial judgement on other researchers’ work
- Be fluent in English with good writing ability.
The benefits of the role include:
- Full training and support in the ScholarOne submission and peer review system.
- Complimentary access to the journal.
- Your name listed within each issue of the journal and on the journal website.
- Early access to new research, helping you keep abreast of developments in the field.
- The opportunity to network with colleagues and peers (editors or board members) and to influence the journal's future development.
The role includes an honorarium to cover travel and other associated costs.
The successful candidate is expected to serve in the role for at least one year.
This may be extended for a further period.
This role will require 2-3 hours of work per week.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of up to 1000 words summarising their qualifications relative to the criteria stated above, together with an up to date CV, to the Editor, Professor Sanjay Singh ([email protected]) and the Publisher, Catherine McAteer ([email protected]) by 9th November 2023.