Retail reinvention through retaining customer engagement and sustainability
Call for papers for: International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management
Introduction and Theme
Following upon the conclusion of the 2021 AMA/ACRA Triennial Conference (American Marketing Association/ American Collegiate Retailing Association) held virtually between March 25 – 26, 2021, we invite the conference attendees to submit a manuscript to the Special Issue on the theme of Retail Reinvention through Retaining Customer Engagement and Sustainability.
The aim of the special issue is to publish high-quality papers that provide a better understanding of how retailers reinvent their business to survive in such a competitive and unstable market environment. The topics of the special issue include, but are not limited to:
- Consumer engagement in different retail channels
- Privacy and personalization in digital retailing
- Emergent technologies and digitization in retailing
- Marketing communication in omnichannel retailing
- Marketing communication for sustainable retailing
- Consumer engagement in sustainable consumption
- Sustainable retail business models
- Retail sustainability and well-being of consumers
- Technology and sustainable retailing
- The role of the retail industry in achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Manuscripts should be submitted to the special issue of the International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management online. You must select the Special Issue as titled above at the end of the submission process on ScholarOne: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijrdm. All papers will undergo a double-blind peer-review process. Author guidelines are available on the IJRDM website. In a cover letter, authors should indicate an original title of their paper as submitted to the 2021 AMA/ACRA Triennial Conference so that we can verify that your paper coincides with your presented study at the conference.
Submission deadline: September 24, 2021
Heejin (Jeanie) Lim, PhD Jewon Lyu, PhD
Associate Professor Assistant Professor
Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Management Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville The University of Georgia
1215 W. Cumberland Ave. 305 Sanford Dr.
Knoxville, TN 37996 Athens, GA 30602