You can publish an open access article in this journal
The International Journal of Future Government publishes peer-reviewed research on the role of future government, in partnership with the Prime Minister's Office at the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates
The International Journal of Future Government (IJFG) publishes leading scholarly research on the role of future government. The journal welcomes research relating to defining the role of future government, paying particular attention to how governments in a digital age exploit opportunities and capitalise on the abundance of data (particularly big data) and artificial intelligence to prescribe precisely what the shape of government could be in the future.
The journal also considers the way in which government behaves as an enterprise concerned with providing value, driving big efficiencies and competing on the happiness impact scale as opposed to budgeting, resourcing and delivering services wholesale, which tended to be the case with traditional governments.
IJFG also examines the transformation of government from a smart to an intelligent operation, and governmental use of collaboration for creating value in order to allow stakeholders to be proactively engaged in determining their needs and expectations. Research on advanced levels of government behaviour through disruption and the way in which government operates as an open system will also be considered for publication.
Key topics include, but are not limited to:
Stakeholder oriented government (government enterprises, cosmopolitan cities, sustainable communities)
Institution to institution and public to institution models (collaboration for value creation)
Open system government and managing digital disruptions
Digital governance and policy enabling mechanisms
Measuring government effectiveness through AI–driven service delivery and e-regulations
The transformation from smart to intelligent government (smart governance and accountability, use of block chain for cash transfers and public contracts)
Managing citizenship (e-citizenship, e-voting, secured e-IDs using cryptography)
Digitized Law (smart courts, secured digital signatures, e-legislation, smart-borders and biometric, facial recognition)
Future of work models and legislations
Smart policing and security (smart border crossing using Robocop check points)
Managing citizen health care (e-Healthcare)
Managing future financial system, financial transparency through block chain regulatory compliance, e-taxation, distributed ledger technology for smart banking
Smart transportation systems
Smart eco-system for sustainable environment
Future Governments and UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs)
Future Governments and Happiness Index.
Papers in IJFG are double-blind peer-reviewed. For more details about Emerald's approach to publication ethics, please refer to the company guidelines.
The International Journal of Future Government is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. The Journal is owned by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. IJFG is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in IJFG are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. There is no charge to the author.
De Montfort University, UK
- Professor Khalid Hafeez
Bradford University School of Management - UK
- Professor Mohamed Zairi
- Valerie Robillard
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Indresh Vishwakarma
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Purnendu Shekhar
Department of Artificial Intelligence, Liverpool University, UK
Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Hertfordshire, UK
President, IPL Group LLC, USA
Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Huddersfield, UK
Department of Culture, Epistemology and Medicine, Ohio University, USA
Department of Future Mobility, University of the West of England Bristol, UK
Department of Computing and Knowledge Exchange, London Metropolitan University, UK
LPQ Solutions Inc., Canada
University Pablo de Olavide - Spain
Global Head of Digital Strategy and AI, Enzen Global Solutions, UK
Department of Interactive Artificial Intelligence, University of the West of England Bristol, UK
York St John University - UK
- Latifa Al-Abdulkarim
- Journal Ownership: International Journal of Future Government is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Aimee Nixon: Head of Open Access Publishing – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes one issue per annum in 2018 and two issues per annum from 2019 onwards.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/ijfg under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 07 June 2018.