You can publish an open access article in this journal
The International Journal of Excellence in Government publishes peer-reviewed research associated with all aspects of transformational excellence in Government, in partnership with the Prime Minister's Office at the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates
The International Journal of Excellence in Government particularly focuses on high-level ways of applying excellence that are based on an accelerated momentum and make big leaps in performance through innovation rather than through quality improvement, as is the case with existing standards of excellence applied currently in different parts of the world. Furthermore, the International Journal of Excellence in Government redefines the meaning of efficiency away from the classical economic-based definition and focuses on how capability-orientated excellence impact – particularly with newly-developed capabilities – can support a digital transformation.
The journal looks at collaboration in the context of creating value for citizens and customers as well as the prominent role that the latter can play in determining their own needs and expectations through individualized customer experiences. The journal is also concerned with measurement aspects of transformational excellence and other aspects related to agility and adaptability for ensuring healthy growth and the development of open system Government entities, which allow Governments to absorb more disruptive forces and create new ways of thinking and behaving.
Key topics include, but are not limited to:
- Excellence of transformation
- Beyond economic-based efficiency in Government
- Capability-oriented excellence impact
- Collaboration for value creation
- Co-creation and personalization of customer experience
- Excellence in human capital management
- The measurement of excellence outcomes
- The seamless organizational eco-system
- Agility and adaptability for driving future excellence
Papers in IJEG are double-blind peer-reviewed. Read more about our approach to publication ethics.
The International Journal of Excellence in Government is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. The journal is owned by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. IJEG is published under a platinum open access arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an open access article in IJEG are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs United Arab Emirates. There is no charge to the author.
Bradford University School of Management - UK
- Professor Mohamed Zairi
- Sara Dawe
- Valerie Robillard
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Indresh Vishwakarma
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Purnendu Shekhar
President, Kazakh Organization for Quality and Innovation Management, Kazakhstan
Norwegian University of Science and Technology - Norway
Senior Expert on Metrology and Quality Infrastructure, Greece
Head of Knowledge and Innovation Management Practice, CITI Consulting Solutions, USA
University of Huddersfield - UK
Professor Emeritus, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Vice President, Chippewa Valley Technical College, USA
Sole Proprietor, CaseConsults LLC, USA
Executive and Life Coach, Touchstone Leadership Ltd, UK
Department of System Engineering and Engineering Management, City University of Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Department of Management and Engineering, Linköping University - Sweden
Lund University - Sweden
University of Piraeus - Greece
Senior Program Manager, bpost, Belgium
University of Buckingham - UK
Director of Business Excellence Chile, Chile
Director of Business Excellence Chile, Chile
National University of Singapore - Singapore
Owner, Adakaar Group, Canada
Lotto Kim Hung
Bio-informatics Centre, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks, Hong Kong
Department of Quality Management, University West, Sweden
Massey University - New Zealand
IAQ President, Szeged University of Science, Hungary
Principal Consultant, Clearpath Leadership, Canada
Assistant Vice President, Quality, Safety and Performance Excellence at Abela & Co., United Arab Emirates
School of Business and Marketing, University of Miami, USA
Professor Emeritus, Department of Statistics, Seoul National University, South Korea
University of South Wales - UK
School of Engineering Systems and Production, University of Minho, Portugal
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Department of Quality Assurance, Southern Polytechnic State University, USA
- Azat Abdrakhmanov
- Journal Ownership: International Journal of Excellence in Government is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here . Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Aimee Nixon: Head of Open Access Publishing – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes one issue per annum in 2018 and two issues per annum from 2019 onwards.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/ijeg under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 07 June 2018.