Upcoming 2023 special issue: Re-Conceptualising Foresight and its Impact: Experiences in Decolonising Futures from the Global South
Foresight is pleased to present the papers that will be included in the upcoming 2023 special issue Re-Conceptualising Foresight and its Impact: Experiences in Decolonising Futures from the Global South. This special issue has been guest edited by Dr Geci Karuri-Sebina (University of Witwatersrand, South Africa), Dr Riel Miller (Former Head of Foresight, UNESCO), Ms Eva Kwamou Feukeu (Max Planck Institute for Comparative and Private International Law and University of Lancaster), and Dr Fred Carden (Using Evidence, Inc.).
This special issue is very unique in that it contains papers in Kiswahili, French and Spanish, as well as English. Something which we are immensely proud of.
The full special issue will be published in early 2023 but, for now, here are the papers that are to be included:
- Le futur comme bien public: décoloniser le futur par la recherche-action participative anticipatoire - Robin Bourgeois, Kwamou Eva Feukeu, Geci Karuri-Sebina
- English version: The future as a public good: decolonising the future through anticipatory participatory action research - Robin Bourgeois, Kwamou Eva Feukeu, Geci Karuri-Sebina
- The intersection of trauma-informed futures and the coloniality of sexuality: building futures consciousness with Kenya’s LGBTQI+ community - Steven Lichty, Francis Kamunya
- Awakening the unconscious imagination and igniting ethical aspirations: the case of Hiraya Foresight via the engaged foresight approach - Shermon Ortega Cruz, Nicole Anne Kahn-Parreño
- Diasporic futures: exploring evolutions of identity among Somali-Canadians - Liin Abdullahi Nur
- AQI revisioned: a critical realism approach to transforming air pollution - Thasanawan Boonmavichit
- Uraia, Lugha na Haki za Kidijitali: umuhimu wa lugha katika harakati za kuondoa ukoloni katika teknolojia - Nanjala Nyabola
- English version: Citizenship, Language, and Digital Rights: The Question of Language in the Process of Decolonizing the Internet and Digital Rights - Nanjala Nyabola (soon to be published)
- Faraoyść: imagining alternative worlds from joy - Anna Lathrop, Julia W. Szagdaj, Nour Abou Jaoude
- Situating futures literacies in the Colombian educational system: a decolonizing theoretical model - Carl Edlund Anderson, Rosa Dene David
- Actores sociales construyendo visiones comunitarias en el sur global - Fredy Vargas-Lama
- English version: Social Actors constructing community visions in the Global South - Fredy Vargas-Lama
All these papers will be freely accessible until the 31st December 2022.