Law and Place Making
Overview of special issue
The special issue will bring the study of law and place to the new audiences of place management scholars and practitioners. It intends to fill the missing gap in recent scholarship on how spatial legal studies can break away from the theoretical confines of law and human geography/urban studies and provide new directions as well as applicable solutions to the field of place management and development. Thus, even though spatial legal studies are popular in their own respective fields with extensive presence in national and international conferences (such as the American Association of Geographers, the Legal Studies Association, and the Socio-legal Studies Association), their study has never crossed over to place management before, guaranteeing wider interdisciplinary academic and professional interest. Traditional legal themes will be re-framed for new audiences, introducing new academic and professional vocabulary to both law and place management.
List of topic areas
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing and Climate Action in relation to place.
- Gender equality and Reduced Inequalities in relation to place.
- Decent work and Economic Growth and Responsible Consumption and Production in relation to place.
- Legal and policy questions that arise as places are made, shaped, and changed.
- Land and Property Issues in Place, including but not limited to regulating the high street, post-COVID commercial and residential property issues, land management and place making.
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available at here.
Author guidelines must be strictly followed. Please see JPMD's author guidelines here.
Authors should select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue title at the appropriate step in the submission process, i.e. in response to “Please select the issue you are submitting to”.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
Call for abstracts deadline: 15 April 2022
Please submit abstracts using this Google form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4cn7I-eKZ8alxQZZeaAXDYeY_SZQ5mKVUHg-KPWiahHyPFQ/viewform) or to [email protected].
Opening date for full paper submissions: 1 September 2022
Closing date for full paper submissions: 31 December 2022